Residual Ph- cells in chronic myeloid leukemia: detection and usefulness.
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Hematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBone marrow cells from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in in vitro long-term bone marrow culture (LTBMC) show an impaired survival of Philadelphia (Ph) positive cells and, in a proportion of patients, the emergence of Philadelphia negative hemopoiesis. The standard conditions of in vitro cultures provide optimal purging effect. Selected patients can now have autologous bone marrow transplants (ABMT) with in vitro purged cells.
CitationResidual Ph- cells in chronic myeloid leukemia: detection and usefulness. 1993, 11 Suppl 1:59-61 Stem Cells
- [Autologous bone marrow transplantation for patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia after in vitro purging of the graft with bcr/abl antisense oligodeoxynucleotides].
- Authors: Sun J, Wu B, Liu Q, Feng R, Liu X, Meng F, Zhou S
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Expansion of Philadelphia chromosome-negative CD3(+)CD56(+) cytotoxic cells from chronic myeloid leukemia patients: in vitro and in vivo efficacy in severe combined immunodeficiency disease mice.
- Authors: Hoyle C, Bangs CD, Chang P, Kamel O, Mehta B, Negrin RS
- Issue date: 1998 Nov 1
- Detection of breakpoint cluster region- negative and nonclonal hematopoiesis in vitro and in vivo after transplantation of cells selected in cultures of chronic myeloid leukemia marrow.
- Authors: Turhan AG, Humphries RK, Eaves CJ, Barnett MJ, Phillips GL, Kalousek DK, Klingemann HG, Lansdorp PL, Reece DE, Shepherd JD
- Issue date: 1990 Dec 1
- Comparison of genomic DNA and cDNA for detection of residual disease after treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia with allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
- Authors: Zhang JG, Lin F, Chase A, Goldman JM, Cross NC
- Issue date: 1996 Mar 15
- BCR/ABL-negative primitive progenitors suitable for transplantation can be selected from the marrow of most early-chronic phase but not accelerated-phase chronic myelogenous leukemia patients.
- Authors: Verfaillie CM, Bhatia R, Miller W, Mortari F, Roy V, Burger S, McCullough J, Stieglbauer K, Dewald G, Heimfeld S, Miller JS, McGlave PB
- Issue date: 1996 Jun 1