Short duration radiotherapy in stage I seminoma of the testis: preliminary results of a prospective study.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNinety-four patients with Stage I seminoma of the testis, treated between November 1989 and December 1991, received short duration radiotherapy (2000 cGy in 8 fractions) to the para-aortic area only. The treatment was well tolerated and, after a median follow-up time of 34 months (minimum 15 months), no patient has relapsed in the abdomen. One patient developed an apparently solitary distant metastasis from a latent teratoma and is disease free after chemotherapy. This form of radiotherapy would appear to be well-tolerated with a low relapse rate. It offers the advantage of a simpler and shorter technique compared with conventional therapy and avoids the necessity of intensive surveillance to detect relapse.
CitationShort duration radiotherapy in stage I seminoma of the testis: preliminary results of a prospective study. 1993, 5 (6):364-6 Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol)
- Management of clinical stage I testicular pure seminoma. Report on 42 patients and review of the literature.
- Authors: Porcaro AB, Antoniolli SZ, Schiavone D, Maffei N, Bassetto MA, Curti P
- Issue date: 2002 Jun
- Long-term outcomes of radiotherapy for stage II testicular seminoma--the Mayo Clinic experience.
- Authors: Hallemeier CL, Pisansky TM, Davis BJ, Choo R
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Short course para-aortic radiation for stage I seminoma of the testis.
- Authors: Logue JP, Harris MA, Livsey JE, Swindell R, Mobarek N, Read G
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 1
- Combination carboplatin and radiotherapy in the management of stage II testicular seminoma: comparison with radiotherapy treatment alone.
- Authors: Patterson H, Norman AR, Mitra SS, Nicholls J, Fisher C, Dearnaley DP, Horwich A, Mason MD, Huddart RA
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Stage I testicular seminoma: para-aortic and iliac irradiation with reduced dose after orchiectomy.
- Authors: Gürkaynak M, Akyol F, Zorlu F, Akyurek S, Yildiz F, Atahan IL
- Issue date: 2003