Linkage analysis of 7 polymorphic markers at chromosome 11p11.2-11q13 in 27 multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 families.
AuthorsThakker, R V
Pang, J T
Anderson, D C
Besser, G M
Brenton, D P
Buchanan, K D
Shalet, Stephen M
AffiliationDivision of Molecular Medicine, MRC Clinical Research Centre, Harrow, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) locus has been previously localized to 11q13 by combined tumour deletion mapping and linkage studies. Family linkage analysis has defined the locus order as 11 cen-PGA-(PYGM, MEN1)-(D11S97, D11S146)-INT2-11qter, and tumour deletion mapping studies have suggested that the MEN1 locus is proximal to D11S146 but distal to PYGM. In order to establish further the location of MEN1, we have utilized the seven polymorphic DNA probes: D11S288, D11S149, PGA, PYGM, D11S97, D11S146 and INT2, in linkage studies of 339 members (116 affected) from 27 MEN1 families. Linkage between MEN1 and 6 of the 7 loci was established, and the highest peak lod scores [Z(theta)] were observed with PYGM and D11S97 at Z(theta) = 13.71, theta = 0.047 and Z(theta) = 13.76, theta = 0.076 respectively. Multilocus analysis suggested the most likely locus order as: 11 pter-(D11S288, D11S149)-11 cen-PGA-PYGM-MEN1-D11S97-D11S146-INT2-1 1qter. In addition, an examination of individual recombinants indicated a centromeric location of D11S149 in relation to D11S288. Thus, the results of our study, which favoured a location of MEN1 proximal to D11S97 and distal to PYGM, have established a panel of recombinants that will facilitate further meiotic mapping studies of the MEN1 locus.
CitationLinkage analysis of 7 polymorphic markers at chromosome 11p11.2-11q13 in 27 multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 families. 1993, 57 (Pt 1):17-25 Ann. Hum. Genet.
JournalAnnals of Human Genetics
- Genetic mapping studies of 40 loci and 23 cosmids in chromosome 11p13-11q13, and exclusion of mu-calpain as the multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 gene.
- Authors: Pang JT, Lloyd SE, Wooding C, Farren B, Pottinger B, Harding B, Leigh SE, Pook MA, Benham FJ, Gillett GT, Taggart RT, Thakker RV
- Issue date: 1996 Jun
- Molecular genetic mapping of the multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 locus.
- Authors: Pang JT, Pook MA, Eubanks JH, Jones C, van Heyningen V, Evans GA, Thakker RV
- Issue date: 1992
- Linkage analysis of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 with INT2 and other markers on chromosome 11.
- Authors: Bale SJ, Bale AE, Stewart K, Dachowski L, McBride OW, Glaser T, Green JE 3rd, Mulvihill JJ, Brandi ML, Sakaguchi K
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- Mapping eight new polymorphisms in 11q13 in the vicinity of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1: identification of a new distal recombinant.
- Authors: Smith CM, Wells SA, Gerhard DS
- Issue date: 1995 Oct
- Construction of a 1.2-Mb sequence-ready contig of chromosome 11q13 encompassing the multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) gene. The European Consortium on MEN1.
- Authors: Lemmens I, Merregaert J, Van de Ven WJ, Kas K, Zhang CX, Giraud S, Wautot V, Buisson N, De Witte K, Salandre J, Lenoir G, Calender A, Parente F, Quincey D, Courseaux A, Carle GF, Gaudray P, De Wit MJ, Lips CJ, Höppener JW, Khodaei S, Grant AL, Weber G, Kytölä S, Thakker RV
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 15