Multiple primary tumours in a population-based series of patients with histopathologically peer-reviewed sarcomas.
AuthorsHartley, Ann L
Birch, Jillian M
Banerjee, Saumitra S
Freemont, A J
McWilliam, L J
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Paediatric and Familial Cancer Research Group, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMultiple primary tumours occurring in a three-year population-based series of patients with histopathologically peer-reviewed sarcomas from North West England were ascertained in order to look at the patterns of neoplasms seen. A total of 30 out of the 310 patients entered in the study had additional primary tumours. Very few patients were aged under 60 years at diagnosis of both their malignancies. The youngest was a known case of neurofibromatosis and, although seven patients were diagnosed with a sarcoma and carcinoma of the breast--a combination of cancers characteristic of the Li-Fraumeni cancer family syndrome--no other patients could directly be identified as suffering from any other cancer predisposition syndrome.
CitationMultiple primary tumours in a population-based series of patients with histopathologically peer-reviewed sarcomas. 1993, 68 (6):1243-6 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Long-Term Risk of Subsequent Malignant Neoplasms After Treatment of Childhood Cancer in the DCOG LATER Study Cohort: Role of Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Teepen JC, van Leeuwen FE, Tissing WJ, van Dulmen-den Broeder E, van den Heuvel-Eibrink MM, van der Pal HJ, Loonen JJ, Bresters D, Versluys B, Neggers SJCMM, Jaspers MWM, Hauptmann M, van der Heiden-van der Loo M, Visser O, Kremer LCM, Ronckers CM, DCOG LATER Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 10
- Multiple primary cancers in families with Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- Authors: Hisada M, Garber JE, Fung CY, Fraumeni JF Jr, Li FP
- Issue date: 1998 Apr 15
- Sarcomas in north west England: II. Incidence.
- Authors: Hartley AL, Blair V, Harris M, Birch JM, Banerjee SS, Freemont AJ, McClure J, McWilliam LJ
- Issue date: 1991 Dec
- Sarcomas in north west England: I. Histopathological peer review.
- Authors: Harris M, Hartley AL, Blair V, Birch JM, Banerjee SS, Freemont AJ, McClure J, McWilliam LJ
- Issue date: 1991 Aug
- [Epidemiology of soft tissue sarcomas in adults].
- Authors: Penel N, Nisse C, Feddal S, Lartigau E
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 6