AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital (NHS) Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing Northern blotting and PCR analysis of cDNA derived from a range of cell lines and tissues, alternate splicing of the cyclin D1 gene (CCND1) mRNA has been demonstrated. The variant transcript shows no splicing at the downstream exon 4 boundary, encoding a protein with an altered carboxy-terminal domain. Investigation of mRNA extracted from mononuclear cells, lung tumour and normal tissue suggests that both transcripts are invariably expressed. However, splicing to produce the two forms of mRNA is modulated, in the heterozygote, by a frequent A/G polymorphism located within the splice donor region of exon 4. Preliminary analysis of patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer suggests that genotype is associated with shortened event free survival and greater risk of local relapse.
CitationAlternate splicing produces a novel cyclin D1 transcript. 1995, 11 (5):1005-11 Oncogene
- Cyclin D1 (PRAD1) alternative transcript b: full-length cDNA cloning and expression in breast cancers.
- Authors: Hosokawa Y, Gadd M, Smith AP, Koerner FC, Schmidt EV, Arnold A
- Issue date: 1997 Feb 26
- Prognostic significance of CCND1 (cyclin D1) overexpression in primary resected non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Betticher DC, Heighway J, Hasleton PS, Altermatt HJ, Ryder WD, Cerny T, Thatcher N
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Cyclin D1 gene polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of urinary bladder cancer.
- Authors: Wang L, Habuchi T, Takahashi T, Mitsumori K, Kamoto T, Kakehi Y, Kakinuma H, Sato K, Nakamura A, Ogawa O, Kato T
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- Expression of cyclin D1 splice variants is differentially associated with outcome in non-small cell lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Li R, An SJ, Chen ZH, Zhang GC, Zhu JQ, Nie Q, Xie Z, Guo AL, Mok TS, Wu YL
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- A truncated cyclin D1 gene encodes a stable mRNA in a human breast cancer cell line.
- Authors: Lebwohl DE, Muise-Helmericks R, Sepp-Lorenzino L, Serve S, Timaul M, Bol R, Borgen P, Rosen N
- Issue date: 1994 Jul