AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital (NHS) Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing Northern blotting and PCR analysis of cDNA derived from a range of cell lines and tissues, alternate splicing of the cyclin D1 gene (CCND1) mRNA has been demonstrated. The variant transcript shows no splicing at the downstream exon 4 boundary, encoding a protein with an altered carboxy-terminal domain. Investigation of mRNA extracted from mononuclear cells, lung tumour and normal tissue suggests that both transcripts are invariably expressed. However, splicing to produce the two forms of mRNA is modulated, in the heterozygote, by a frequent A/G polymorphism located within the splice donor region of exon 4. Preliminary analysis of patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer suggests that genotype is associated with shortened event free survival and greater risk of local relapse.
CitationAlternate splicing produces a novel cyclin D1 transcript. 1995, 11 (5):1005-11 Oncogene
- Expression of cyclin D1 splice variants is differentially associated with outcome in non-small cell lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Li R, An SJ, Chen ZH, Zhang GC, Zhu JQ, Nie Q, Xie Z, Guo AL, Mok TS, Wu YL
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- A truncated cyclin D1 gene encodes a stable mRNA in a human breast cancer cell line.
- Authors: Lebwohl DE, Muise-Helmericks R, Sepp-Lorenzino L, Serve S, Timaul M, Bol R, Borgen P, Rosen N
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Expression of retinoblastoma gene product (pRb) in mantle cell lymphomas. Correlation with cyclin D1 (PRAD1/CCND1) mRNA levels and proliferative activity.
- Authors: Jares P, Campo E, Pinyol M, Bosch F, Miquel R, Fernandez PL, Sanchez-Beato M, Soler F, Perez-Losada A, Nayach I, Mallofré C, Piris MA, Montserrat E, Cardesa A
- Issue date: 1996 May
- Cyclin D1 (CCND1) A870G gene polymorphism modulates smoking-induced lung cancer risk and response to platinum-based chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients.
- Authors: Gautschi O, Hugli B, Ziegler A, Bigosch C, Bowers NL, Ratschiller D, Jermann M, Stahel RA, Heighway J, Betticher DC
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Novel transmembrane GTPase of non-small cell lung cancer identified by mRNA differential display.
- Authors: Chung JG, Yeh KT, Wu SL, Hsu NY, Chen GW, Yeh YW, Ho HC
- Issue date: 2001 Dec 15