A multipurpose phantom for use with electronic portal imaging devices.
AuthorsKirby, Mike C
AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics Department, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA simple, low-cost, multipurpose phantom has been designed for use with electronic portal imaging devices (EPIDS). Making use of the high spatial resolution of an EPID, together with the built in software tools for measuring distances, it is possible to verify x-ray/light field size and congruence, at any gantry angle, for fields up to 200 mm x 200 mm. Being of an accurate construction, it can help analyse the distance measuring capabilities of an EPID, ensuring that they are accurate and remain so with time. It can also be used to quantify, and monitor, image displacement and rotation with gantry angle.
CitationA multipurpose phantom for use with electronic portal imaging devices. 1995, 40 (2):323-34 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- Detection and correction for EPID and gantry sag during arc delivery using cine EPID imaging.
- Authors: Rowshanfarzad P, Sabet M, O'Connor DJ, McCowan PM, McCurdy BM, Greer PB
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Mechanical characterization of the varian Exact-arm and R-arm support systems for eight aS500 electronic portal imaging devices.
- Authors: Grattan MW, McGarry CK
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Characterization of a novel EPID designed for simultaneous imaging and dose verification in radiotherapy.
- Authors: Blake SJ, McNamara AL, Deshpande S, Holloway L, Greer PB, Kuncic Z, Vial P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Input/output characteristics of a matrix ion-chamber electronic portal imaging device.
- Authors: Yin FF, Schell MC, Rubin P
- Issue date: 1994 Sep
- Automated x-ray/light field congruence using the LINAC EPID panel.
- Authors: Polak W, O'Doherty J, Jones M
- Issue date: 2013 Mar