A multipurpose phantom for use with electronic portal imaging devices.
AuthorsKirby, Mike C
AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics Department, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA simple, low-cost, multipurpose phantom has been designed for use with electronic portal imaging devices (EPIDS). Making use of the high spatial resolution of an EPID, together with the built in software tools for measuring distances, it is possible to verify x-ray/light field size and congruence, at any gantry angle, for fields up to 200 mm x 200 mm. Being of an accurate construction, it can help analyse the distance measuring capabilities of an EPID, ensuring that they are accurate and remain so with time. It can also be used to quantify, and monitor, image displacement and rotation with gantry angle.
CitationA multipurpose phantom for use with electronic portal imaging devices. 1995, 40 (2):323-34 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- [A quality control test of the image obtained with electronic portal imaging devices].
- Authors: Casanova Borca V, Pasquino M, Bertodatto M, Tofani S
- Issue date: 2001 Oct
- The consequences of fixed-pattern noise and image movement on electronic portal images.
- Authors: Kirby MC
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- A literature review of electronic portal imaging for radiotherapy dosimetry.
- Authors: van Elmpt W, McDermott L, Nijsten S, Wendling M, Lambin P, Mijnheer B
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Dosimetric verification of x-ray fields with steep dose gradients using an electronic portal imaging device.
- Authors: Vieira SC, Dirkx ML, Pasma KL, Heijmen BJ
- Issue date: 2003 Jan 21
- The electronic portal imaging system Siemens Beamview Plus versus the conventional verification films CEA-TVS and DuPont COL-7. A critical appraisal of visual image quality.
- Authors: Gagel B, Schramm O, Harms W, Mulhern A, Wenz F, van Kampen M, Wannenmacher M, Eble MJ
- Issue date: 2002 Aug