Phase II trial of temozolomide in low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AuthorsWoll, Penella J
Johnson, P W
Harper, P G
Brampton, M H
Newlands, E S
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTemozolomide, an imidazotetrazine derivative, was given to 18 patients with low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) at a dose of 750 mg m-2 orally, divided over five consecutive days, escalated to 1000 mg m-2 over 5 days (i.e. 200 mg m-2 day-1) if no significant myelosuppression was noted at day 22 of the 28 day cycle. Fifty-six treatment cycles were given to 18 patients. The drug was well tolerated. Only one partial tumour response was documented. The patients were heavily pretreated but had chemoresponsive disease, as shown by a response rate of 69% among 13 patients who went on to receive alternative cytotoxic regimens. We conclude that temozolomide given in this schedule is inactive in previously treated low-grade NHL.
CitationPhase II trial of temozolomide in low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1995, 72 (1):183-4 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Temozolomide in adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a phase II study of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
- Authors: Woll PJ, Judson I, Lee SM, Rodenhuis S, Nielsen OS, Buesa JM, Lorigan PC, Leyvraz S, Hermans C, van Glabbeke M, Verweij J
- Issue date: 1999 Mar
- Randomized phase II study of biweekly CHOP and dose-escalated CHOP with prophylactic use of lenograstim (glycosylated G-CSF) in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study 9505.
- Authors: Itoh K, Ohtsu T, Fukuda H, Sasaki Y, Ogura M, Morishima Y, Chou T, Aikawa K, Uike N, Mizorogi F, Ohno T, Ikeda S, Sai T, Taniwaki M, Kawano F, Niimi M, Hotta T, Shimoyama M, Tobinai K, Members of the lymphoma study group of the Japan Clinical Oncology Group (JCOG).
- Issue date: 2002 Sep
- Phase I trial of temozolomide (CCRG 81045: M&B 39831: NSC 362856).
- Authors: Newlands ES, Blackledge GR, Slack JA, Rustin GJ, Smith DB, Stuart NS, Quarterman CP, Hoffman R, Stevens MF, Brampton MH
- Issue date: 1992 Feb
- Fludarabine single-agent therapy for relapsed low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomas: a phase II study of the German Low-Grade Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group.
- Authors: Hiddemann W, Unterhalt M, Pott C, Wörmann B, Sandford D, Freund M, Engert A, Gassmann W, Holtkamp W, Seufert J
- Issue date: 1993 Oct
- High rates of long-lasting remissions after 5-day bendamustine chemotherapy cycles in pre-treated low-grade non-Hodgkin's-lymphomas.
- Authors: Bremer K
- Issue date: 2002 Nov