Response to a specific antioestrogen (ICI 182780) in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe treated 19 patients with advanced breast cancer resistant to tamoxifen with a new specific antioestrogen (ICI 182780) which, in animal studies, has no agonist activity. 13 (69%) patients responded (7 had partial responses and 6 showed no change) to monthly intramuscular injections of ICI 182780 after progression on tamoxifen, for a median duration of 18 months with minimum side effects. Preliminary evidence suggests that the agent is without effects on the liver or the hypothalamic-pituitary axis. ICI 182780 appears to be a promising new agent for treatment of advanced and early breast cancer.
CitationResponse to a specific antioestrogen (ICI 182780) in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer. 1995, 345 (8941):29-30 Lancet
- Response to a specific antioestrogen (ICI 182780) in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer.
- Authors: Howell A, Robertson J
- Issue date: 1995 Apr 15
- ICI 182,780 (Fulvestrant)--the first oestrogen receptor down-regulator--current clinical data.
- Authors: Robertson JF
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Effects of 4-hydroxytamoxifen and a novel pure antioestrogen (ICI 182780) on the clonogenic growth of human breast cancer cells in vitro.
- Authors: DeFriend DJ, Anderson E, Bell J, Wilks DP, West CM, Mansel RE, Howell A
- Issue date: 1994 Aug
- Response to specific anti-oestrogen (ICI182780) in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer.
- Authors: Dowsett M, Johnston SR, Iveson TJ, Smith IE
- Issue date: 1995 Feb 25
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacological and anti-tumour effects of the specific anti-oestrogen ICI 182780 in women with advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Howell A, DeFriend DJ, Robertson JF, Blamey RW, Anderson L, Anderson E, Sutcliffe FA, Walton P
- Issue date: 1996 Jul