Pelvic arterial embolization following hysterectomy and bilateral internal iliac artery ligation for intractable primary post partum haemorrhage.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA case of successful arterial embolization following hysterectomy and bilateral internal iliac artery ligation for intractable primary post partum haemorrhage is described. The selected artery was a branch of the inferior epigastric artery. Little has been written to date in the radiological literature about embolization via pelvic collateral vessels following arterial ligation. Although there is a good argument for postponing surgery until transcatheter embolization has been attempted, this case demonstrates that embolization can still be successful even when performed following surgery.
CitationPelvic arterial embolization following hysterectomy and bilateral internal iliac artery ligation for intractable primary post partum haemorrhage. 1995, 50 (10):710-3; discussion 713-4 Clin Radiol
- Intractable postpartum hemorrhage resulting from uterine artery pseudoaneurysm: superselective arteriographic embolization via the collateral route.
- Authors: Dönmez H, Oztürk MH, Gürgen F, Soylu SO, Hekimoglu B
- Issue date: 2007 Mar-Apr
- Blind on table internal iliac artery embolization in severe post partum hemorrhage: a case report.
- Authors: Koutsias S, Lialios G, Kouritas V, Sourlas D, Giannoukas A, Messinis I
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- [Buttock necrosis after subtotal hysterectomy, bilateral internal iliac arteries ligature and pelvic embolization for control of severe post-partum haemorrhage].
- Authors: Zanati J, Resch B, Roman H, Brabant G, Sentilhes L, Verspyck E, Henriet E, Sergent F, Houzé de L'aulnoit D, Marpeau L, Clavier E
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- [Intractable postpartum haemorrhages: where is the place of vascular ligations, emergency peripartum hysterectomy or arterial embolization?].
- Authors: Sergent F, Resch B, Verspyck E, Rachet B, Clavier E, Marpeau L
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Intractable postpartum haemorrhage managed by angiographic embolization: case report and review.
- Authors: Duggan PM, Jamieson MG, Wattie WJ
- Issue date: 1991 Aug