Technical note: the efficacy of megavoltage imaging in the radical radiotherapy of non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationChristie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMegavoltage imaging (MVI) has been used to obtain digital images of treatment fields during therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. Tumours were seen in all 33 cases studied and in three cases MVI was used to improve the set-up. It is concluded that in the setting of radical radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer this is an appropriate technique for the verification and correction of field position and is an aid to quality assurance.
CitationTechnical note: the efficacy of megavoltage imaging in the radical radiotherapy of non-small cell lung cancer. 1995, 68 (810):646-8 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. Precision treatment of lung cancer.
- Authors: Armstrong JG
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- [Progress in radiation therapy and integration in Tenon hospital (AP-HP) of new advances in routine practices of radiotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer].
- Authors: Touboul E, Huguet F, Foulquier JN, Toledano A, Deluen F, Rahmoun M, Cojocariu OM, Le Nagat S
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Radical radiation therapy in inoperable non oat-cell carcinoma of the lung with particular emphasis on roentgenographic tumor response as prognostic factor.
- Authors: De Renzis C, Gaeta M, Lavagnini L, Raffaele L
- Issue date: 1985 Jan-Apr
- Investigation into the radiobiological consequences of pre-treatment verification imaging with megavoltage X-rays in radiotherapy.
- Authors: Hyland WB, McMahon SJ, Butterworth KT, Cole AJ, King RB, Redmond KM, Prise KM, Hounsell AR, McGarry CK
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Serial megavoltage CT imaging during external beam radiotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer: in regard to Kupelian et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;630:1024-1028).
- Authors: Dar AR, Yartsev S, Rodrigues G, Bauman G
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 1