Determination of the gene order of the three loci CD2, NGFB, and NRAS at human chromosome band 1p13 and refinement of their localisation at the subband level by fluorescence in situ hybridisation.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe three loci NRAS, NGFB, and CD2 map to human chromosome band 1p13. Using fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) to simultaneously DAPI-banded metaphase chromosomes, we have further refined the localisation of these three genes to specific subbands. NRAS localises to subband 1p13.2 and CD2 and NGFB to 1p13.1. Also, with the use of multicolour FISH, we have determined the order and orientation of the three loci in relation to the centromere. The order is cen-CD2-NGFB-NRAS.
CitationDetermination of the gene order of the three loci CD2, NGFB, and NRAS at human chromosome band 1p13 and refinement of their localisation at the subband level by fluorescence in situ hybridisation. 1995, 70 (3-4):183-5 Cytogenet. Cell Genet.
JournalCytogenetics and Cell Genetics
- Integrated physical, genetic, and genic map covering 3 Mb around the human NGF gene (NGFB) at 1p13.
- Authors: Carrier A, Rosier MF, Guillemot F, Goguel AF, Pulcini F, Bernheim A, Auffray C, Devignes MD
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 1
- Establishment of the marker order pter-NRAS-NGFB-D1S189-D1S252-D1S440-D1S453-D1S514-CEN-D1S442-D1S498-qte r in relation to the centromere on human chromosome 1.
- Authors: Hoggard N, Brintnell B, Hey Y, Jones D, Weissenbach J, Mitchell E, Varley J
- Issue date: 1995 Mar
- Assignment of the beta-nerve growth factor (NGFB) to bovine chromosome 3 band q23 by in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Elduque C, Laurent P, Hayes H, Rodellar C, Levéziel H, Zaragoza P
- Issue date: 1997
- Comparative analysis of mouse-human hybrids with rearranged chromosomes 1 by in situ hybridization and Southern blotting: high-resolution mapping of NRAS, NGFB, and AMY on human chromosome 1.
- Authors: Münke M, Lindgren V, de Martinville B, Francke U
- Issue date: 1984 Nov
- Sequence-independent amplification and labeling of yeast artificial chromosomes for fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Bohlander SK, Espinosa R 3rd, Fernald AA, Rowley JD, Le Beau MM, Díaz MO
- Issue date: 1994