Establishment of the marker order pter-NRAS-NGFB-D1S189-D1S252-D1S440-D1S453-D1S514-CEN-D1S442-D1S498-qte r in relation to the centromere on human chromosome 1.
Mitchell, Erika L D
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent developments in genetic linkage mapping of the human genome have generated a large number of short tandem repeat polymorphic markers (Weissenbach et al. 1992, Gyapay et al. 1994), and eventual integration of these markers into a physical map is a logical progression. A number of Généthon microsatellite (CA repeat) markers have been provisionally localized to 1p13, but their exact position with respect to other sequences is unknown. In order to confirm the order of these markers and their position with respect to known genes within 1p13 and the centromere, we have isolated yeast artificial chromosomes (YACs) corresponding to the markers and have carried out double and triple fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) studies. Knowledge of both the order of microsatellite markers and their integration with a physical map of known genes can be an essential component in analysis of disease loci such as human cancer, where regions of chromosomes showing high levels of loss of heterozygosity need to be mapped in detail.
CitationEstablishment of the marker order pter-NRAS-NGFB-D1S189-D1S252-D1S440-D1S453-D1S514-CEN-D1S442-D1S498-qte r in relation to the centromere on human chromosome 1. 1995, 3 (2):137-8 Chromosome Res.
- Determination of the gene order of the three loci CD2, NGFB, and NRAS at human chromosome band 1p13 and refinement of their localisation at the subband level by fluorescence in situ hybridisation.
- Authors: Mitchell EL, Jones D, White GR, Varley JM, Santibanez Koref MF
- Issue date: 1995
- Genetic linkage mapping of HSD3B1 and HSD3B2 encoding human types I and II 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase close to D1S514 and the centromeric D1Z5 locus.
- Authors: Morissette J, Rhéaume E, Leblanc JF, Luu-The V, Labrie F, Simard J
- Issue date: 1995
- Generation of a contig comprising YACs and BACs within chromosome region 1p13.1.
- Authors: Brintnell B, Hey Y, Jones D, Hoggard N, James L, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1997 Mar
- Integrated physical, genetic, and genic map covering 3 Mb around the human NGF gene (NGFB) at 1p13.
- Authors: Carrier A, Rosier MF, Guillemot F, Goguel AF, Pulcini F, Bernheim A, Auffray C, Devignes MD
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 1
- Integration of physical, genetic and cytogenetic maps of human chromosome 7: isolation and analysis of yeast artificial chromosome clones for 117 mapped genetic markers.
- Authors: Green ED, Idol JR, Mohr-Tidwell RM, Braden VV, Peluso DC, Fulton RS, Massa HF, Magness CL, Wilson AM, Kimura J
- Issue date: 1994 Mar