Confirmation of the copy number of chromosome 1 in interphase nuclei from paraffin sections of breast tumours by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
AffiliationICI/University Joint Laboratory, University of Leicster, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) was used to establish the copy number of chromosome 1 in a set of nine breast tumours in which the chromosome had previously been shown to have undergone a variety of rearrangements by loss of heterozygosity studies. In each case, FISH with satellite III DNA from chromosome 1q12 confirmed the results obtained by Southern hybridization. Importantly, in all five cases with rearrangements thought not to involve the centromeric region, FISH showed that the events had not disrupted the gross chromosome structure. This study highlights the potential of using the two techniques together to obtain a clearer picture of both large- and small-scale alterations to chromosomes in solid tumours.
CitationConfirmation of the copy number of chromosome 1 in interphase nuclei from paraffin sections of breast tumours by fluorescence in situ hybridization. 1995, 3 (7):410-6 Chromosome Res.
- Numerical abnormalities of chromosome 7 in human prostate cancer detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on paraffin-embedded tissue sections with centromere-specific DNA probes.
- Authors: Zitzelsberger H, Szücs S, Weier HU, Lehmann L, Braselmann H, Enders S, Schilling A, Breul J, Höfler H, Bauchinger M
- Issue date: 1994 Apr
- Comparative FISH analysis of numerical chromosome 7 abnormalities in 5-micron and 15-micron paraffin-embedded tissue sections from prostatic carcinoma.
- Authors: Aubele M, Zitzelsberger H, Szücs S, Werner M, Braselmann H, Hutzler P, Rodenacker K, Lehmann L, Minkus G, Höfler H
- Issue date: 1997 Feb
- Structural chromosome 1 aberrations in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: interphase cytogenetics combining a centromeric, telomeric, and library DNA probe.
- Authors: Poddighe PJ, Ramaekers FC, Smeets AW, Vooijs GP, Hopman AH
- Issue date: 1992 Sep 15
- Improved technique for analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumors by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Hyytinen E, Visakorpi T, Kallioniemi A, Kallioniemi OP, Isola JJ
- Issue date: 1994 Jun 1
- Ploidy analysis in paraffin-embedded malignant fibrous histiocytoma by DNA cytofluorometry and flourescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Murata H, Kusuzaki K, Hirasawa Y, Inazawa J, Abe T, Ashihara T
- Issue date: 1997 Sep 16