AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Cancer Genetics, Christie CRC Research Centre, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA panel of 63 radiation-reduced hybrids has been derived from a mouse cell line containing a neo-marked human Chromosome (Chr) 6, primarily to provide a resource for higher resolution localization of new markers. Hybrids were generated with radiation doses of 40-400 Gy, selected in G418, and were shown by PCR to contain the neo gene. PCR was also used to score the retention of 15 loci that map from 6q13 to q25.2 of the current consensus map, plus six other loci assigned to 6q26-q27. An average retention frequency of 27.8% was observed, with the highest frequencies at D6S313 and D6S280 (63.5%) located near the centromere at 6q13, and at D6S283 (68.5%) at 6q16.3-q21, presumably close to the neo integration site. Lowest frequencies (4.8%) were observed for telomeric markers. All markers segregated independently except D6S297 and D6S193. Agreement and some improvement to the current consensus map of 6q was made by mapping 12 loci by the non-parametric statistical method of Falk. In addition, deletion mapping with informative hybrids allowed the ordering of six loci from 6q26 to q27 and permitted some integration of maps of this region.
CitationA radiation hybrid panel for human chromosome 6q. 1995, 6 (4):285-90 Mamm. Genome
- Generation and molecular cytogenetic characterization of a radiation-reduction hybrid panel for human chromosome 6.
- Authors: Pappas GJ, Thompson E, Burgess A, Greenwood A, Trent JM
- Issue date: 1995
- Proximal 6q, a region showing allele loss in primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Orphanos V, McGown G, Hey Y, Boyle JM, Santibanez-Koref M
- Issue date: 1995 Feb
- Subregional localization of 20 single-copy loci to chromosome 6 by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Rao PH, Murty VV, Gaidano G, Hauptschein R, Dalla-Favera R, Chaganti RS
- Issue date: 1993 May
- Integrated mapping analysis of the Werner syndrome region of chromosome 8.
- Authors: Oshima J, Yu CE, Boehnke M, Weber JL, Edelhoff S, Wagner MJ, Wells DE, Wood S, Disteche CM, Martin GM
- Issue date: 1994 Sep 1
- Allele loss on chromosome arm 6q and fine mapping of the region at 6q27 in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Cooke IE, Shelling AN, Le Meuth VG, Charnock ML, Ganesan TS
- Issue date: 1996 Apr