Regional assignment by hybrid mapping of 36 expressed sequence tags (ESTs) on human chromosome 6.
AffiliationDepartment of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have determined the regional chromosome assignment of 36 cDNAs from infant brain libraries by assessing the concordant segregation of PCR products using a human-rodent hybrid mapping panel that subdivides chromosome 6 into 15 regions. These mapped sequences serve as markers for the physical and expression maps of chromosome 6, as well as candidate genes for various disease loci. Sequence analysis has identified putative functions and motifs for some of these genes.
CitationRegional assignment by hybrid mapping of 36 expressed sequence tags (ESTs) on human chromosome 6. 1995, 25 (1):124-9 Genomics
- Isolation of chromosome-specific ESTs by microdissection-mediated cDNA capture.
- Authors: Gracia E, Ray ME, Polymeropoulos MH, Dehejia A, Meltzer PS, Trent JM
- Issue date: 1997 Feb
- Chromosomal assignment of 46 brain cDNAs.
- Authors: Polymeropoulos MH, Xiao H, Glodek A, Gorski M, Adams MD, Moreno RF, Fitzgerald MG, Venter JC, Merril CR
- Issue date: 1992 Mar
- Regional assignment of 30 expressed sequence tags on human chromosome 7 using a somatic cell hybrid panel.
- Authors: Patel RJ, Keen TJ, Grzeschik KH, Nierman WC, Hayes P, Bhattacharya SS, Inglehearn CF
- Issue date: 1995 Nov 1
- Expressed sequence tags from the long arm of human chromosome 21.
- Authors: Chiang PW, Dzida G, Grumet J, Cheng JF, Song WJ, Crombez E, Van Keuren ML, Kurnit DM
- Issue date: 1995 Sep 20
- Physical linkage of expressed sequence tags (ESTs) to polymorphic markers on the X chromosome.
- Authors: Mazzarella R, Srivastava AK
- Issue date: 1994 Jul