The Hox-2.4 gene is not involved in the generation of IL-3 dependent multipotent FDCP-mix cell lines.
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Haematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe establishment of IL-3-dependent multipotent progenitor cell lines from Hox-2.4-expressing bone marrow cells suggests that homeobox genes may contribute to immortalization of early myeloid cells. A survey of 20 independently derived multipotent IL-3-dependent cell lines established from either src-virus-infected long-term bone marrow cultures (FDCP-mix) or Multi-CSF-virus (M3MuV)-infected bone marrow revealed that Hox-2.4 was not expressed in any of these cell lines. In addition DNA rearrangements were not observed. We conclude that activation of Hox-2.4 is not an obligatory event in the immortalization of early myeloid cells.
CitationThe Hox-2.4 gene is not involved in the generation of IL-3 dependent multipotent FDCP-mix cell lines. 1995, 12 (3):173-7 Growth Factors
- Conditional immortalization of mouse myelomonocytic, megakaryocytic and mast cell progenitors by the Hox-2.4 homeobox gene.
- Authors: Perkins AC, Cory S
- Issue date: 1993 Oct
- Targeted in vivo infection with a retroviral vector carrying the interleukin-3 (multi-CSF) gene leads to immortalization and leukemic transformation of primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Authors: Just U, Katsuno M, Stocking C, Spooncer E, Dexter M
- Issue date: 1993
- Differential Hox expression in murine embryonic stem cell models of normal and malignant hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Wheadon H, Ramsey JM, Dobbin E, Dickson GJ, Corrigan PM, Freeburn RW, Thompson A
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Murine interleukin 9 stimulates the proliferation of mouse erythroid progenitor cells and favors the erythroid differentiation of multipotent FDCP-mix cells.
- Authors: Bourette RP, Royet J, Mouchiroud G, Schmitt E, Blanchet JP
- Issue date: 1992 Aug
- Isolation of MYADM, a novel hematopoietic-associated marker gene expressed in multipotent progenitor cells and up-regulated during myeloid differentiation.
- Authors: Pettersson M, Dannaeus K, Nilsson K, Jönsson JI
- Issue date: 2000 Mar