Allelic imbalance on chromosome 1 in human breast cancer. II. Microsatellite repeat analysis.
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have determined regions of allelic imbalance in human breast cancer cells using highly polymorphic microsatellite markers, which can be rapidly typed by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using very small amounts of DNA. It appears that there are several regions of chromosome I which may be the targets of allelic imbalance, including some regions which have been identified previously by different groups. The detail with which we have mapped these regions of imbalance is, however, much greater than has been previously reported, and we have been able to localise these regions to small intervals of the genome. In addition we have identified previously uncharacterised regions of allelic imbalance on chromosome arm 1p, one of which (at 1p22-31) is lost in a high proportion of malignant lesions. We are currently attempting to analyse this latter region in detail in order to identify and characterise the sequence(s) involved. Study of such regions should help us understand some of the mechanisms underlying the development and progression of breast cancer.
CitationAllelic imbalance on chromosome 1 in human breast cancer. II. Microsatellite repeat analysis. 1995, 12 (1):24-31 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- Allelic imbalance on chromosome 1 in human breast cancer. I. Minisatellite and RFLP analysis.
- Authors: Loupart ML, Armour J, Walker R, Adams S, Brammar W, Varley J
- Issue date: 1995 Jan
- Analysis of allelic structures at the D7S21 (MS31A) locus in the Japanese, using minisatellite variant repeat mapping by PCR (MVR-PCR).
- Authors: Huang XL, Tamaki K, Yamamoto T, Suzuki K, Nozawa H, Uchihi R, Katsumata Y, Neil DL
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- Detection and cloning of a common region of loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 1p in breast cancer.
- Authors: Nagai H, Negrini M, Carter SL, Gillum DR, Rosenberg AL, Schwartz GF, Croce CM
- Issue date: 1995 Apr 15
- Loss of chromosome arm 8p loci in prostate cancer: mapping by quantitative allelic imbalance.
- Authors: MacGrogan D, Levy A, Bostwick D, Wagner M, Wells D, Bookstein R
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Linkage analysis and allelic imbalance in human breast cancer kindreds using microsatellite markers from the short arm of chromosome 3.
- Authors: Bergthorsson JT, Eiriksdottir G, Barkardottir RB, Egilsson V, Arason A, Ingvarsson S
- Issue date: 1995 Oct