The interaction with tubulin of a series of stilbenes based on combretastatin A-4.
AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of stilbenes, based on combretastatin A-4, were synthesised. A structure-activity study was carried out to characterise the interaction of these agents with tubulin. The substitution of small alkyl substituents for the 4'-methoxy group of combretastatin A-4 and the loss of the 3'-hydroxyl group does not have a major effect on the interaction with tubulin. trans-Stilbenes were shown to bind tubulin, but do not inhibit microtubule assembly. This work, together with previous studies, has been used to propose an idealised structure for a tubulin-binding agent of this type.
CitationThe interaction with tubulin of a series of stilbenes based on combretastatin A-4. 1995, 71 (4):705-11 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Interaction of 4-arylcoumarin analogues of combretastatins with microtubule network of HBL100 cells and binding to tubulin.
- Authors: Rappl C, Barbier P, Bourgarel-Rey V, Grégoire C, Gilli R, Carre M, Combes S, Finet JP, Peyrot V
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 1
- Antineoplastic agents. 509: synthesis of fluorcombstatin phosphate and related 3-halostilbenes(1).
- Authors: Pettit GR, Minardi MD, Rosenberg HJ, Hamel E, Bibby MC, Martin SW, Jung MK, Pettit RK, Cuthbertson TJ, Chapuis JC
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Antimitotic and cell growth inhibitory properties of combretastatin A-4-like ethers.
- Authors: Lawrence NJ, Rennison D, Woo M, McGown AT, Hadfield JA
- Issue date: 2001 Jan 8
- Antimitotic activity of diaryl compounds with structural features resembling combretastatin A-4.
- Authors: Aleksandrzak K, McGown AT, Hadfield JA
- Issue date: 1998 Jul
- Tubulin-interactive stilbene derivatives as anticancer agents.
- Authors: Mikstacka R, Stefański T, Różański J
- Issue date: 2013 Sep