Thorncroft, Mary R
Santibanez-Koref, Mauro F
Russell, S E
Atkinson, R J
Boyle, John M
AffiliationDepartment of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie CRC Research Centre, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious work has implicated putative tumour-suppressor (ts) genes at 6q27 and a broad region at 6p12-q23. Here we report the results of a coded, randomised study of allelic imbalance at 12 loci on 6q on 40 pairs of coded tumour-blood pairs from patients with ovarian tumours. Our results provide clear evidence for the involvement of different regions of 6q in tumours of different histological subtypes. The involvement in serous tumours of a ts gene at the distal site is confirmed. However, proximal 6q presents a complex picture, with possibly three further ts genes: one at 6q21-23.3 involved at high frequency in benign and endometrioid tumours, another at 6q14-q15, also involved in endometrioid tumours, and a third suggested by a smallest region of deletion at 6q16.3-q21, between D6S275 and D6S300, that appears to be involved in early stage tumours. These observations point the way to a statistical study of the involvement of 6q in tumours of different histological type and staging performed on larger cohorts of samples.
CitationAllelic imbalance of chromosome 6q in ovarian tumours. 1995, 71 (4):666-9 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Allele loss on chromosome arm 6q and fine mapping of the region at 6q27 in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Cooke IE, Shelling AN, Le Meuth VG, Charnock ML, Ganesan TS
- Issue date: 1996 Apr
- Chromosome 6 abnormalities in ovarian surface epithelial tumors of borderline malignancy suggest a genetic continuum in the progression model of ovarian neoplasms.
- Authors: Tibiletti MG, Bernasconi B, Furlan D, Bressan P, Cerutti R, Facco C, Franchi M, Riva C, Cinquetti R, Capella C, Taramelli R
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Identification of a novel 9 cM deletion unit on chromosome 6q23-24 in papillary serous carcinoma of the peritoneum.
- Authors: Huang LW, Garrett AP, Muto MG, Colitti CV, Bell DA, Welch WR, Berkowitz RS, Mok SC
- Issue date: 2000 Mar
- Overexpression of the p53 protein and allele loss at 17p13 in ovarian carcinoma.
- Authors: Eccles DM, Brett L, Lessells A, Gruber L, Lane D, Steel CM, Leonard RC
- Issue date: 1992 Jan
- Frequent loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 6 in human ovarian carcinoma.
- Authors: Foulkes WD, Ragoussis J, Stamp GW, Allan GJ, Trowsdale J
- Issue date: 1993 Mar