Proximal 6q, a region showing allele loss in primary breast cancer.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Cancer Genetics, Christie CRC Research Centre, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo define regions of deletion of chromosome 6q in breast cancer, we scored 18 (CA)n microsatellites for allelic imbalance (AI) in 42 paired blood/tumour samples. Heterozygosity frequencies of the markers in the sample population ranged from 31% to 92% (mean 68%). Two regions of the chromosome arm showed AI values greater than the background range of 10-22% (mean 17%) of informative cases that was observed with five markers spanning 6q21-q25.2. Firstly, seven markers gave AI values that averaged 35% in a region flanked by D6S313 (AI = 10%) at 6q13 and D6S283 (AI = 17%) at 6q16.3-21. The second region showed marginally increased AI at 6q25.2-q27 and included D6S193, previously shown to be close to a tumour-suppressor gene involved in ovarian carcinoma. Since AI of 6q in breast cancer was shown previously to be due predominantly to loss of heterozygosity, our results suggest the presence of at least two tumour-suppressor genes on 6q that are involved in breast cancer. The proximal region has not been recognised in breast cancer before and is involved in a higher frequency of tumours than the distal region.
CitationProximal 6q, a region showing allele loss in primary breast cancer. 1995, 71 (2):290-3 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Multiple regions of chromosome 6q affected by loss of heterozygosity in primary human breast carcinomas.
- Authors: Sheng ZM, Marchetti A, Buttitta F, Champeme MH, Campani D, Bistocchi M, Lidereau R, Callahan R
- Issue date: 1996 Jan
- Patterns of allelic loss on chromosome 17 in sporadic breast carcinomas detected by fluorescent-labeled microsatellite analysis.
- Authors: Niederacher D, Picard F, van Roeyen C, An HX, Bender HG, Beckmann MW
- Issue date: 1997 Mar
- Loss of heterozygosity on the long arm of chromosome 6 in breast cancer: possibly four regions of deletion.
- Authors: Noviello C, Courjal F, Theillet C
- Issue date: 1996 Sep
- At least five regions of imbalance on 6q in breast tumors, combining losses and gains.
- Authors: Rodriguez C, Causse A, Ursule E, Theillet C
- Issue date: 2000 Jan
- Prognostic significance of loss of heterozygosity at loci on chromosome 17p13.3-ter in sporadic breast cancer is evidence for a putative tumour suppressor gene.
- Authors: Liscia DS, Morizio R, Venesio T, Palenzona C, Donadio M, Callahan R
- Issue date: 1999 May