Detailed mapping and loss of heterozygosity analysis suggests a suppressor locus involved in sporadic breast cancer within a distal region of chromosome band 17p13.3.
White, Gavin R M
Liscia, D S
Mitchell, Erika L D
Santibanez-Koref, Mauro F
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe chromosome region 17p13.3 is thought to encode a tumour suppressor gene involved in sporadic breast cancer and other malignancies. Physical ordering of markers has been carried out by a series of multicolour fluorescent in situ hybridisation (FISH) experiments, using isolated yeast artificial chromosomes (YACs) and cosmids. Eight polymorphic markers ordered within this new physical map and one external marker were used to investigate the pattern of loss of heterozygosity in a panel of 40 sporadic breast tumour patients. The data revealed a region of high loss (60%) within distal 17p13.3, defined by markers D17S926, D17S695 and D17S849 which mapped close together. A contig of YACs was constructed physically linking these three markers.
CitationDetailed mapping and loss of heterozygosity analysis suggests a suppressor locus involved in sporadic breast cancer within a distal region of chromosome band 17p13.3. 1995, 4 (11):2047-55 Hum. Mol. Genet.
JournalHuman Molecular Genetics
- Detailed analysis of loss of heterozygosity on chromosome band 17p13 in breast carcinoma on the basis of a high-resolution physical map with 29 markers.
- Authors: Isomura M, Tanigami A, Saito H, Harada Y, Katagiri T, Inazawa J, Ledbetter DH, Nakamura Y
- Issue date: 1994 Mar
- Identification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer.
- Authors: Hoggard N, Hey Y, Brintnell B, James L, Jones D, Mitchell E, Weissenbach J, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1995 Nov 20
- Cloning and mapping of human chromosome 6q26-q27 deleted in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple tumor types.
- Authors: Hauptschein RS, Gamberi B, Rao PH, Frigeri F, Scotto L, Venkatraj VS, Gaidano G, Rutner T, Edwards YH, Chaganti RS, Dalla-Favera R
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 1
- Detection and cloning of a common region of loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 1p in breast cancer.
- Authors: Nagai H, Negrini M, Carter SL, Gillum DR, Rosenberg AL, Schwartz GF, Croce CM
- Issue date: 1995 Apr 15
- Allelic imbalance and fine mapping of the 17p13.3 subregion in sporadic breast carcinomas.
- Authors: Hoff C, Mollenhauer J, Waldau B, Hamann U, Poustka A
- Issue date: 2001 Sep