CD34 cell separation: from basic research to clinical applications.
AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Haematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdvances in the immunological identification of primitive haematopoietic cells have led to the development of various techniques for their characterisation and purification. The expression of the CD34 antigen by the stem cell compartment has been exploited for these purposes. Separation systems capable of isolating CD34+ cells on a large scale are finding use in the clinic. Areas of interest overlap for both researchers and clinicians, and efforts to mobilise, characterise, purify and transplant these cells continue. Different CD34 purification systems are reviewed, focusing on their possible applications in different research fields. Clinical results of CD34+ selection and the possible future applications of this technology in the clinic are also reported.
CitationCD34 cell separation: from basic research to clinical applications. 1995, 25 (3):121-7 Int. J. Clin. Lab. Res.
JournalInternational Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Research
- Dual SP/ALDH functionalities refine the human hematopoietic Lin-CD34+CD38- stem/progenitor cell compartment.
- Authors: Pierre-Louis O, Clay D, Brunet de la Grange P, Blazsek I, Desterke C, Guerton B, Blondeau C, Malfuson JV, Prat M, Bennaceur-Griscelli A, Lataillade JJ, Le Bousse-Kerdilès MC
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Hollow-fibre affinity cell separation system for CD34+ cell enrichment.
- Authors: Nordon RE, Haylock DN, Gaudry L, Schindhelm K
- Issue date: 1996 Aug 1
- CD34+ progenitor cell isolation from blood and marrow: a comparison of techniques for small-scale selection.
- Authors: Winslow JM, Liesveld JL, Ryan DH, Dipersio JF, Abboud CN
- Issue date: 1994 Aug
- Multicentre European study comparing selection techniques for the isolation of CD34+ cells.
- Authors: de Wynter EA, Ryder D, Lanza F, Nadali G, Johnsen H, Denning-Kendall P, Thing-Mortensen B, Silvestri F, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1999 Jun
- New approaches to clinical harvest manipulation.
- Authors: Sharp JG
- Issue date: 2000