Common region of deletion on the long arm of chromosome 6 in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have used fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) with a series of yeast artificial chromosome (YAC) clones that map to the long arm of chromosome 6 (6q) to define the region(s) of deletion in seven cases of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), in which a deletion of 6q had been detected by conventional cytogenetics. The FISH analysis detected two regions of deletion: (i) A proximal region flanked by M6P1 (6q14-15) and FYN (6q21), containing D6S246, which was missing in all seven cases. This locus was also found to be deleted in all six cases of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) studied previously. (ii) A second region of 6q, which was distal to 6q23.1 (D6S238) and included ESR (6q25.1) and D6S281 (6q27), which was shown to be present in all our cases of ALL, was found to be deleted in 4 of the 7 cases of NHL. Our results support the suggestion that tumour suppressor genes, involved in the pathogenesis of lymphoid malignancies, may be present within these regions.
CitationCommon region of deletion on the long arm of chromosome 6 in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. 1994, 10 (4):286-8 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- Deletion of a common region on the long arm of chromosome 6 in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Authors: Menasce LP, Orphanos V, Santibanez-Koref M, Boyle JM, Harrison CJ
- Issue date: 1994 May
- Deletion of 6q16-q21 in human lymphoid malignancies: a mapping and deletion analysis.
- Authors: Jackson A, Carrara P, Duke V, Sinclair P, Papaioannou M, Harrison CJ, Foroni L
- Issue date: 2000 Jun 1
- Analysis of chromosome 6 deletions in lymphoid malignancies provides evidence for a region of minimal deletion within a 2-megabase segment of 6q21.
- Authors: Sherratt T, Morelli C, Boyle JM, Harrison CJ
- Issue date: 1997 Apr
- 6q deletions in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas.
- Authors: Merup M, Moreno TC, Heyman M, Rönnberg K, Grandér D, Detlofsson R, Rasool O, Liu Y, Söderhäll S, Juliusson G, Gahrton G, Einhorn S
- Issue date: 1998 May 1
- A 3-cM commonly deleted region in 6q21 in leukemias and lymphomas delineated by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Matthiesen P, Harder S, Siebert R, Castoldi G, Calasanz MJ, Wong KF, Rosenwald A, Ott G, Atkin NB, Schlegelberger B
- Issue date: 2000 Jan