Deletion of a common region on the long arm of chromosome 6 in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have characterised a region of deletion on the long arm of chromosome 6 (6q) in six cases of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, by fluorescence in situ hybridisation, using a series of YAC clones which map to 6q. Conventional cytogenetic analysis of four of these cases had been interpreted as showing terminal deletions of 6q. We demonstrated by FISH that in all cases the deletions were interstitial. D6S246 (6q16.3) was the only marker which was missing in all six cases, indicating a common region of deletion between the markers M6P1 at 6q14-15 and FYN at 6q21. Our results suggest the presence of a tumour suppressor gene within this interval.
CitationDeletion of a common region on the long arm of chromosome 6 in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. 1994, 10 (1):26-9 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- Common region of deletion on the long arm of chromosome 6 in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Authors: Menasce LP, Orphanos V, Santibanez-Koref M, Boyle JM, Harrison CJ
- Issue date: 1994 Aug
- Analysis of chromosome 6 deletions in lymphoid malignancies provides evidence for a region of minimal deletion within a 2-megabase segment of 6q21.
- Authors: Sherratt T, Morelli C, Boyle JM, Harrison CJ
- Issue date: 1997 Apr
- Deletion of 6q16-q21 in human lymphoid malignancies: a mapping and deletion analysis.
- Authors: Jackson A, Carrara P, Duke V, Sinclair P, Papaioannou M, Harrison CJ, Foroni L
- Issue date: 2000 Jun 1
- Analysis of chromosome 6q deletion in EBV-associated NK cell leukaemia/lymphoma.
- Authors: Ohshima K, Haraokaa S, Ishihara S, Ohgami A, Yoshioka S, Suzumiya J, Kikuchi M
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- A 3-cM commonly deleted region in 6q21 in leukemias and lymphomas delineated by fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Matthiesen P, Harder S, Siebert R, Castoldi G, Calasanz MJ, Wong KF, Rosenwald A, Ott G, Atkin NB, Schlegelberger B
- Issue date: 2000 Jan