A reliable approach for sequencing clone-specific CDRIII regions in B-cell lymphoma.
Cross, Michael A
Testa, Nydia G
Dexter, T Michael
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Haematology, C.R.C. Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a reliable approach for sequencing lymphoma-specific CDRIII regions. CDRIII regions present in DNA prepared from routinely fixed and paraffin-embedded diagnostic lymph node material were amplified by the use of consensus VH and JH primers via PCR. PCR products were subcloned directly, without purification or modification of PCR fragments. Only small amounts of miniprep plasmid DNA of recombinant clones were required for cycle sequencing, resulting in autoradiograms of high quality. The easy and reproducible method which we describe has enabled us to determine the lymphoma-specific CDRIII region in 7/11 high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomas as well as in 3/3 cases of ALL and 1/1 case of a centroblastic/centrocytic lymphoma. The obtained sequence data can serve to generate lymphoma-specific oligonucleotides, which then can be used as PCR primers or hybridization probes for the detection of minimal residual disease in individual patients.
CitationA reliable approach for sequencing clone-specific CDRIII regions in B-cell lymphoma. 1994, 5 Suppl 1:79-84 Ann. Oncol.
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Detection of immunoglobulin gene rearrangement of B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas and leukemias in fresh, unfixed and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by polymerase chain reaction.
- Authors: Inghirami G, Szabolcs MJ, Yee HT, Corradini P, Cesarman E, Knowles DM
- Issue date: 1993 Jun
- Obtaining clone-specific primer and probe for the immunoglobulin heavy-chain gene from paraffin-embedded tissue of B-cell lymphoma: technical considerations.
- Authors: Wu G, Greiner TC, Chang WC
- Issue date: 1997 Jun
- Frequency and structure of t(14;18) major breakpoint regions in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas typed according to the Kiel classification: analysis by direct DNA sequencing.
- Authors: Kneba M, Eick S, Herbst H, Willigeroth S, Pott C, Bolz I, Bergholz M, Neumann C, Stein H, Krieger G
- Issue date: 1991 Jun 15
- Malignant cell detection in Burkitt's lymphoma using third-complementarity-determining region (CDRIII), clone-specific probe developed by sequencing DNA from stored slides.
- Authors: Asada M, Miyashita T, Bessho F, Kobayashi N, Mizutani S
- Issue date: 1991 Jul
- Detection of minimal residual disease using clonospecific primers for CDRIII in patients with acute B lymphocytic leukemia with or without Philadelphia chromosome: possibility of clinical application as a tool for improving prognosis.
- Authors: Maeda Y, Horiuchi F, Morita S, Matsuda M, Shirakawa C, Masaki H, Koyama A, Hamazaki H, Fujimoto T, Irimajiri K
- Issue date: 1994 Aug