Correlation of drug resistance-associated parameters in ovarian tumor biopsies.
AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, and CRC Departments of Medical Oncology and Medical Statistics, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis work compares glutathione levels, glutathione S-transferase activities and isoenzyme expression, metallothionein levels and P-glycoprotein expression in normal ovaries, and in epithelial ovarian tumor biopsies from patients prior to chemotherapy or following relapse. These parameters have been implicated as determinants of response to cytotoxic chemotherapy. Large differences were found between normal ovary and ovarian tumors, but no significant differences were observed between tumors taken before or after cytotoxic chemotherapy. These data do not support a role for these biochemical parameters in the decreased response seen in patients with recurrent or progressive disease.
CitationCorrelation of drug resistance-associated parameters in ovarian tumor biopsies. 1994, 4 (4):241-249 Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- Glutathione S-transferase activity and isoenzyme distribution in ovarian tumour biopsies taken before or after cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Authors: Murphy D, McGown AT, Hall A, Cattan A, Crowther D, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1992 Nov
- [Value of P-glycoprotein and glutathione S-transferase-pi as chemo-resistant indicators in ovarian cancers].
- Authors: Zhang F, Qi L, Chen H
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Glutathione-S-transferase activity and isoenzyme levels measured by two methods in ovarian cancer, and their value as markers of disease outcome.
- Authors: Wrigley EC, McGown AT, Buckley H, Hall A, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1996 Mar
- Metallothionein expression in epithelial ovarian cancer: effect of chemotherapy and prognostic significance.
- Authors: Wrigley E, Verspaget HW, Jayson GC, McGown AT
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Detoxifying enzymes in human ovarian tissues: comparison of normal and tumor tissues and effects of chemotherapy.
- Authors: Djuric Z, Malviya VK, Deppe G, Malone JM Jr, McGunagle DL, Heilbrun LK, Reading BA, Lawrence WD
- Issue date: 1990