Correlation of drug resistance-associated parameters in ovarian tumor biopsies.
AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, and CRC Departments of Medical Oncology and Medical Statistics, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis work compares glutathione levels, glutathione S-transferase activities and isoenzyme expression, metallothionein levels and P-glycoprotein expression in normal ovaries, and in epithelial ovarian tumor biopsies from patients prior to chemotherapy or following relapse. These parameters have been implicated as determinants of response to cytotoxic chemotherapy. Large differences were found between normal ovary and ovarian tumors, but no significant differences were observed between tumors taken before or after cytotoxic chemotherapy. These data do not support a role for these biochemical parameters in the decreased response seen in patients with recurrent or progressive disease.
CitationCorrelation of drug resistance-associated parameters in ovarian tumor biopsies. 1994, 4 (4):241-249 Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- Glutathione S-transferase activity and isoenzyme distribution in ovarian tumour biopsies taken before or after cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Authors: Murphy D, McGown AT, Hall A, Cattan A, Crowther D, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1992 Nov
- [Value of P-glycoprotein and glutathione S-transferase-pi as chemo-resistant indicators in ovarian cancers].
- Authors: Zhang F, Qi L, Chen H
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Drug resistance in epithelial ovarian cancer: P-glycoprotein and glutation S-transferase. Can they play an important role in detecting response to platinum-based chemotherapy as a first-line therapy.
- Authors: Simşek T, Ozbilim G, Gülkesen H, Kaya H, Sargin F, Karaveli S
- Issue date: 2001
- Synovial sarcoma: immunohistochemical expression of P-glycoprotein and glutathione S transferase-pi and clinical drug resistance.
- Authors: Lopes JM, Bruland OS, Bjerkehagen B, Silva MC, Holm R, Pettersen EO, Solheim OP, Sobrinho-Simões M, Nesland JM
- Issue date: 1997
- Value of P-glycoprotein, glutathione S-transferase pi, c-erbB-2, and p53 as prognostic factors in ovarian carcinomas.
- Authors: van der Zee AG, Hollema H, Suurmeijer AJ, Krans M, Sluiter WJ, Willemse PH, Aalders JG, de Vries EG
- Issue date: 1995 Jan