Stimulation of UV-induced DNA excision repair by chemotherapeutic drugs in cancer patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Research, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have used a monoclonal antibody specific for UV-induced 6-4 photoproducts in an ELISA assay to determine the kinetics of loss of antigenicity from the DNA of lymphocytes obtained from four groups of people; normal controls and cancer patients who had either received chemotherapy, hormone therapy or no treatment at all. This result was confirmed on a matched pairs analysis of 12 breast cancer patients sampled before and after chemotherapy. We conclude, that chemotherapeutic treatment with alkylating agents modulate the capacity of UV-induced DNA-repair in human lymphocytes in a yet unknown way.
CitationStimulation of UV-induced DNA excision repair by chemotherapeutic drugs in cancer patients., 14 (3A):809-15 Anticancer Res.
- XPA protein as a limiting factor for nucleotide excision repair and UV sensitivity in human cells.
- Authors: Köberle B, Roginskaya V, Wood RD
- Issue date: 2006 May 10
- Repair of individual DNA strands in the hamster dihydrofolate reductase gene after treatment with ultraviolet light, alkylating agents, and cisplatin.
- Authors: May A, Nairn RS, Okumoto DS, Wassermann K, Stevnsner T, Jones JC, Bohr VA
- Issue date: 1993 Jan 25
- New insights on how nucleotide excision repair could remove DNA adducts induced by chemotherapeutic agents and psoralens plus UV-A (PUVA) in Escherichia coli cells.
- Authors: Lage C, de Pádula M, de Alencar TA, da Fonseca Gonçalves SR, da Silva Vidal L, Cabral-Neto J, Leitão AC
- Issue date: 2003 Nov
- Repair of DNA damage in mammalian cells after treatment with UV and dimethyl sulphate: discrimination between nucleotide and base excision repair by their temperature dependence.
- Authors: Hjertvik M, Erixon K, Ahnström G
- Issue date: 1998 Mar
- Fludarabine-mediated inhibition of nucleotide excision repair induces apoptosis in quiescent human lymphocytes.
- Authors: Sandoval A, Consoli U, Plunkett W
- Issue date: 1996 Oct