Leukemia, lymphoma, and related disorders in families of children diagnosed with Wilms' tumor.
AuthorsHartley, Ann L
Birch, Jillian M
Morris Jones, P H
Kelsey, Anna M
AffiliationCRC Paediatric and Familial Cancer Research Group, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLeukemias and lymphomas occurring in a series of families with Wilms' tumor (WT) are described. One surviving case developed a large cell anaplastic Ki-1 lymphoma at age 20 years, and 23 second- and higher degree relatives were affected. In two instances leukemia/lymphoma occurred in the context of Li-Fraumeni syndrome (LFS) and two other families showed striking clusters of unusual and early-onset malignancies. In several cases, children had genitourinary abnormalities of the type associated with the WT1 gene on chromosome 11p13. Some of these families may provide important subjects for study of WT genes in hematologic disease and lymphomas and for investigation of interaction between different tumor-suppressor genes, e.g., WT1 and other candidate WT genes, and p53.
CitationLeukemia, lymphoma, and related disorders in families of children diagnosed with Wilms' tumor. 1994, 77 (2):129-33 Cancer Genet. Cytogenet.
JournalCancer Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Wilms' tumor in the Li-Fraumeni cancer family syndrome.
- Authors: Hartley AL, Birch JM, Tricker K, Wallace SA, Kelsey AM, Harris M, Jones PH
- Issue date: 1993 Jun
- Extrarenal Wilms' tumors. A study of their relationship with classical renal Wilms' tumor using expression of WT1 as a molecular marker.
- Authors: Roberts DJ, Haber D, Sklar J, Crum CP
- Issue date: 1993 May
- Genitourinary tumors in the families of children with renal tumors.
- Authors: Hartley AL, Birch JM, Blair V, Kelsey AM, Harris M, Jones PH, Gattamaneni HR
- Issue date: 1994 Jan
- Molecular analysis of aniridia patients for deletions involving the Wilms' tumor gene.
- Authors: Drechsler M, Meijers-Heijboer EJ, Schneider S, Schurich B, Grond-Ginsbach C, Tariverdian G, Kantner G, Blankenagel A, Kaps D, Schroeder-Kurth T
- Issue date: 1994 Oct
- The role of Wilms' tumor genes.
- Authors: Hirose M
- Issue date: 1999 Aug