Phase II study of liposomal muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (MTP/PE) in advanced soft tissue sarcomas of the adult. An EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group study.
Steward, William P
Woll, Penella J
Van Pottelsberghe, C
Van Glabbeke, Martine M
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute, The Netherlands.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group conducted a phase II study with intravenous muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (MTP/PE) at a dose of 4 mg once weekly in 20 patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomas. Responses were not seen in 19 evaluable patients. Toxicity consisted mainly of a mild flu-like syndrome after 62% of drug administrations. It is concluded that MTP/PE at this dose and schedule has no activity in metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
CitationPhase II study of liposomal muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (MTP/PE) in advanced soft tissue sarcomas of the adult. An EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group study. 1994, 30A (6):842-3 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Efficacy of liposomal muramyl tripeptide (CGP 19835A) in the treatment of relapsed osteosarcoma.
- Authors: Kleinerman ES, Gano JB, Johnston DA, Benjamin RS, Jaffe N
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Liposomal muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (MTP-PE) promotes haemopoietic recovery in irradiated mouse.
- Authors: Fedorocko P
- Issue date: 1994 Apr
- Liposome-encapsulated muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (L-MTP-PE): a randomized clinical trial in dogs with mammary carcinoma.
- Authors: Teske E, Rutteman GR, vd Ingh TS, van Noort R, Misdorp W
- Issue date: 1998 Mar-Apr
- Liposomal MTP-PE.
- Authors: Gano JB, Kleinerman ES
- Issue date: 1994 Oct
- Effect of ibuprofen on monocyte activation by liposome-encapsulated muramyl tripeptide phosphatidylethanolamine (CGP 19835A): can ibuprofen reduce fever and chills without compromising immune stimulation?
- Authors: Fujimaki W, Griffin JR, Kleinerman ES
- Issue date: 1993