Male fertility after VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSemen analysis was performed in 14 men a median of 13.5 months after completion of VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Semen from 12 patients contained motile spermatozoa, and in nine cases the count was > 20 million ml-1. One patient was azoospermic (VAPEC-B followed by pelvic radiotherapy) and another had a count of 21 million ml-1 but sperm were non-motile. These findings suggest that, in the majority of cases, VAPEC-B chemotherapy does not cause permanent damage to the male germinal epithelium. A more detailed study of gonadal function in males and females before and after treatment with VAPEC-B for Hodgkin's disease is currently in progress.
CitationMale fertility after VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1994, 69 (2):379-81 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- VAPEC-B chemotherapy in the treatment of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a retrospective analysis of 45 patients.
- Authors: Singer JM, Mijovic A, Pettingale KW, Nethersell A, Dobbs HJ, Samaratunga IR, Lakhani A, Mufti GJ
- Issue date: 1995
- Spermatogenesis in Hodgkin's lymphoma patients: a retrospective study of semen quality before and after different chemotherapy regimens.
- Authors: Paoli D, Rizzo F, Fiore G, Pallotti F, Pulsoni A, Annechini G, Lombardo F, Lenzi A, Gandini L
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Weekly VAPEC-B chemotherapy for high grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of treatment in 184 patients.
- Authors: Radford JA, Whelan JS, Rohatiner AZ, Deakin D, Harris M, Stansfeld AG, Swindell R, Wilkinson PM, James RD, Lister TA
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- Follow-up of sperm concentration and motility in patients with lymphoma.
- Authors: Tal R, Botchan A, Hauser R, Yogev L, Paz G, Yavetz H
- Issue date: 2000 Sep
- Long-term gonadal toxicity after therapy for Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Bokemeyer C, Schmoll HJ, van Rhee J, Kuczyk M, Schuppert F, Poliwoda H
- Issue date: 1994 Mar