Male fertility after VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSemen analysis was performed in 14 men a median of 13.5 months after completion of VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Semen from 12 patients contained motile spermatozoa, and in nine cases the count was > 20 million ml-1. One patient was azoospermic (VAPEC-B followed by pelvic radiotherapy) and another had a count of 21 million ml-1 but sperm were non-motile. These findings suggest that, in the majority of cases, VAPEC-B chemotherapy does not cause permanent damage to the male germinal epithelium. A more detailed study of gonadal function in males and females before and after treatment with VAPEC-B for Hodgkin's disease is currently in progress.
CitationMale fertility after VAPEC-B chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1994, 69 (2):379-81 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- VAPEC-B chemotherapy in the treatment of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a retrospective analysis of 45 patients.
- Authors: Singer JM, Mijovic A, Pettingale KW, Nethersell A, Dobbs HJ, Samaratunga IR, Lakhani A, Mufti GJ
- Issue date: 1995
- Spermatogenesis in Hodgkin's lymphoma patients: a retrospective study of semen quality before and after different chemotherapy regimens.
- Authors: Paoli D, Rizzo F, Fiore G, Pallotti F, Pulsoni A, Annechini G, Lombardo F, Lenzi A, Gandini L
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Weekly VAPEC-B chemotherapy for high grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of treatment in 184 patients.
- Authors: Radford JA, Whelan JS, Rohatiner AZ, Deakin D, Harris M, Stansfeld AG, Swindell R, Wilkinson PM, James RD, Lister TA
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- Follow-up of sperm concentration and motility in patients with lymphoma.
- Authors: Tal R, Botchan A, Hauser R, Yogev L, Paz G, Yavetz H
- Issue date: 2000 Sep
- ChlVPP/EVA hybrid versus the weekly VAPEC-B regimen for previously untreated Hodgkin's disease.
- Authors: Radford JA, Rohatiner AZ, Ryder WD, Deakin DP, Barbui T, Lucie NP, Rossi A, Dunlop DJ, Cowan RA, Wilkinson PM, Gupta RK, James RD, Shamash J, Chang J, Crowther D, Lister TA
- Issue date: 2002 Jul 1