AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCombination ifosfamide/carboplatin/etoposide (ICE) chemotherapy and ICE plus mid-cycle vincristine (VICE) are reviewed. Thoracic radiotherapy and prophylactic cranial irradiation given as single fractions in the majority of patients have been intercalated with VICE in the later studies. The patient populations have not been intensively staged with computed tomography, etc, but do have reasonable Karnofsky performance status ratings and biochemical screens. A policy of no dose reduction over six courses of VICE chemotherapy has been followed in three consecutive studies of 166 patients. The minimum length of follow-up is 26 months and the 2-year survival rate is > or = 30%. Hematopoietic growth factor support in an attempt to overcome the considerable myelosuppression with VICE therapy is currently being evaluated.
CitationIntensive combined-modality therapy in small cell lung cancer. 1994, 21 (3 Suppl 6):9-22 Semin. Oncol.
JournalSeminars in Oncology
- Chemotherapy with vincristine/ifosfamide/carboplatin/etoposide in small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Lorigan P, Lee SM, Betticher D, Woodhead M, Weir D, Hanley S, Hardy C, Thatcher N
- Issue date: 1995 Jun
- The place of ifosfamide in chemotherapy of small cell lung cancer: the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group experience and a selected literature update.
- Authors: Ettinger DS
- Issue date: 1995 Feb
- Intensive therapy for small-cell lung cancer using carboplatin alternating with cisplatin, ifosfamide, etoposide, mid-cycle vincristine, and radiotherapy.
- Authors: Prendiville J, Radford J, Thatcher N, Steward W, Ranson M, Burt P, Stout R
- Issue date: 1991 Aug
- Study of paclitaxel, etoposide, and cisplatin chemotherapy combined with twice-daily thoracic radiotherapy for patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer: a Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 9609 phase II study.
- Authors: Ettinger DS, Berkey BA, Abrams RA, Fontanesi J, Machtay M, Duncan PJ, Curran WJ Jr, Movsas B, Byhardt RW, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 9609.
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 1
- Cisplatin/etoposide chemotherapy combined with twice daily thoracic radiotherapy for limited small-cell lung cancer: a clinical phase II trial.
- Authors: Chen GY, Jiang GL, Wang LJ, Qian H, Fu XL, Yang H, Wu KL, Zhao S
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 1