Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia following Hodgkin's disease is associated with a good prognosis.
AuthorsNarayanan, M N
Morgenstern, Godfrey R
Harrison, Christine J
Ranson, Malcolm R
Scarffe, J Howard
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAcute leukaemia, both myeloid and lymphoblastic, in patients treated for Hodgkin's disease (HD) is thought to have a poor prognosis. We report four adults who developed secondary acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) following chemoradiotherapy for HD. The chromosomal translocation t(4;11) (q21;q23) was found in two patients who received a chemotherapeutic regimen containing the DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor etoposide. Three of the four patients are alive and in unmaintained first remission at 3, 5 and 9 years from diagnosis of ALL, two following autologous bone marrow transplantation. These results suggest that ALL following HD may have a good prognosis when treated aggressively.
CitationAcute lymphoblastic leukaemia following Hodgkin's disease is associated with a good prognosis. 1994, 86 (4):867-9 Br. J. Haematol.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Acute lymphoid leukemia with t(4;11) (q21;q23) following chemotherapy with cytostatic agents targeting at DNA-topoisomerase II.
- Authors: Pedersen-Bjergaard J
- Issue date: 1992 Aug
- Secondary acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with 4:11 translocation following treatment for Hodgkin's disease: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Lennard A, Jackson GH, Carey PJ, Bown N, Middleton P, Proctor SJ
- Issue date: 1991 Jul
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia with t(1;11)(p32;q23) in a patient treated for osteogenic sarcoma.
- Authors: Pinto LI, Marczyk FF, Brunetto AL
- Issue date: 1998 Jan-Feb
- Incidence of post transplant myelodysplasia/acute leukemia in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients compared with Hodgkin's disease patients undergoing autologous transplantation following cyclophosphamide, carmustine, and etoposide (CBV).
- Authors: Wheeler C, Khurshid A, Ibrahim J, Elias A, Mauch P, Ault K, Antin J
- Issue date: 2001 Feb
- Secondary acute lymphoblastic leukemia with t (4;11): report on two cases and review of the literature.
- Authors: Auxenfants E, Morel P, Lai JL, Sartiaux C, Detourmignies L, Bauters F, Fenaux P
- Issue date: 1992 Sep