A B cell specific immediate early human gene is located on chromosome band 1q31 and encodes an alpha helical basic phosphoprotein.
AffiliationImmunology Section, Kings College London, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have determined the cDNA sequence of a human B cell specific, immediate early gene, designated 1R20, which is inducible in response to several B cell activation signals. The cDNA sequence predicts a 196 amino acid open reading frame comprising numerous highly basic residues and the predicted structure contains several potential alpha helical domains together with eight consensus protein phosphorylation sites. The 1R20 gene has been localised by fluorescence in situ hybridisation to chromosome band 1q31, a region known to be implicated in the pathogenesis of haemopoietic malignancies.
CitationA B cell specific immediate early human gene is located on chromosome band 1q31 and encodes an alpha helical basic phosphoprotein. 1993, 1216 (2):314-6 Biochim. Biophys. Acta
JournalBiochimica et Biophysica Acta
- Differential expression of a basic helix-loop-helix phosphoprotein gene, G0S8, in acute leukemia and localization to human chromosome 1q31.
- Authors: Wu HK, Heng HH, Shi XM, Forsdyke DR, Tsui LC, Mak TW, Minden MD, Siderovski DP
- Issue date: 1995 Aug
- A human gene encoding a putative basic helix-loop-helix phosphoprotein whose mRNA increases rapidly in cycloheximide-treated blood mononuclear cells.
- Authors: Siderovski DP, Heximer SP, Forsdyke DR
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- GAIP, a protein that specifically interacts with the trimeric G protein G alpha i3, is a member of a protein family with a highly conserved core domain.
- Authors: De Vries L, Mousli M, Wurmser A, Farquhar MG
- Issue date: 1995 Dec 5
- cDNA cloning of a novel, developmentally regulated immediate early gene activated by fibroblast growth factor and encoding a nuclear protein.
- Authors: Paterno GD, Li Y, Luchman HA, Ryan PJ, Gillespie LL
- Issue date: 1997 Oct 10
- BICP22 of bovine herpesvirus 1 is encoded by a spliced 1.7 kb RNA which exhibits immediate early and late transcription kinetics.
- Authors: Schwyzer M, Wirth UV, Vogt B, Fraefel C
- Issue date: 1994 Jul