Evidence for the simultaneous expression of alternatively spliced alkylpurine N-glycosylase transcripts in human tissues and cells.
Frayling, Ian M
Santibanez-Koref, Mauro F
Margison, Geoffrey P
Rafferty, Joseph A
AffiliationCRC Department of Carcinogenesis, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital-NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have isolated a novel human alkylpurine N-glycosylase (APNG) cDNA from a placental library by screening with an oligonucleotide based on the published sequence of the human liver cDNA encoding this protein. The nucleotide sequences of the two cDNAs were essentially identical, but the 5' untranslated region of the new sequence was truncated and the 5'-terminal 92 nucleotides of the novel cDNA were different, indicating the possibility of alternative transcripts. This region included a portion of the open reading frame, so that the predicted protein was truncated and the seven N-terminal amino acids differed from the published sequence for APNG. PCR amplification of reverse transcribed mRNA, using 5' primers unique to the two cDNAs and a common 3' primer showed that the alternative transcripts can be co-expressed in the same cells and tissues.
CitationEvidence for the simultaneous expression of alternatively spliced alkylpurine N-glycosylase transcripts in human tissues and cells. 1994, 15 (12):2957-60 Carcinogenesis
- A single human myosin light chain kinase gene (MLCK; MYLK).
- Authors: Lazar V, Garcia JG
- Issue date: 1999 Apr 15
- Human acid sphingomyelinase. Isolation, nucleotide sequence and expression of the full-length and alternatively spliced cDNAs.
- Authors: Schuchman EH, Suchi M, Takahashi T, Sandhoff K, Desnick RJ
- Issue date: 1991 May 5
- Identification and characterization of multiple isoforms of a mouse ribosome receptor.
- Authors: Kim YJ, Lee MC, Kim SJ, Chun JY
- Issue date: 2000 Dec 31
- Cloning, sequencing, and characterization of alternatively spliced glutaredoxin 1 cDNA and its genomic gene: chromosomal localization, mrna stability, and origin of pseudogenes.
- Authors: Park JB, Levine M
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 18
- Alternatively spliced cyclin C mRNA is widely expressed, cell cycle regulated, and encodes a truncated cyclin box.
- Authors: Li H, Lahti JM, Kidd VJ
- Issue date: 1996 Aug 15