Evidence for the simultaneous expression of alternatively spliced alkylpurine N-glycosylase transcripts in human tissues and cells.
Frayling, Ian M
Santibanez-Koref, Mauro F
Margison, Geoffrey P
Rafferty, Joseph A
AffiliationCRC Department of Carcinogenesis, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital-NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have isolated a novel human alkylpurine N-glycosylase (APNG) cDNA from a placental library by screening with an oligonucleotide based on the published sequence of the human liver cDNA encoding this protein. The nucleotide sequences of the two cDNAs were essentially identical, but the 5' untranslated region of the new sequence was truncated and the 5'-terminal 92 nucleotides of the novel cDNA were different, indicating the possibility of alternative transcripts. This region included a portion of the open reading frame, so that the predicted protein was truncated and the seven N-terminal amino acids differed from the published sequence for APNG. PCR amplification of reverse transcribed mRNA, using 5' primers unique to the two cDNAs and a common 3' primer showed that the alternative transcripts can be co-expressed in the same cells and tissues.
CitationEvidence for the simultaneous expression of alternatively spliced alkylpurine N-glycosylase transcripts in human tissues and cells. 1994, 15 (12):2957-60 Carcinogenesis
- Elucidation of a promoter activity that directs the expression of acetyl-CoA carboxylase alpha with an alternative N-terminus in a tissue-restricted fashion.
- Authors: Barber MC, Travers MT
- Issue date: 1998 Jul 1
- Human acid sphingomyelinase. Isolation, nucleotide sequence and expression of the full-length and alternatively spliced cDNAs.
- Authors: Schuchman EH, Suchi M, Takahashi T, Sandhoff K, Desnick RJ
- Issue date: 1991 May 5
- Molecular cloning of two alternatively spliced forms of human phosphatidic acid phosphatase cDNAs that are differentially expressed in normal and tumor cells.
- Authors: Leung DW, Tompkins CK, White T
- Issue date: 1998 Apr
- Human liver glucokinase gene: cloning and sequence determination of two alternatively spliced cDNAs.
- Authors: Tanizawa Y, Koranyi LI, Welling CM, Permutt MA
- Issue date: 1991 Aug 15
- Analysis of full length ADAMTS6 transcript reveals alternative splicing and a role for the 5' untranslated region in translational control.
- Authors: Bevitt DJ, Li Z, Lindrop JL, Barker MD, Clarke MP, McKie N
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 10