Drug-resistance associated alterations of cell surface antigen expression in a human anthracycline-resistant ovarian carcinoma cell line.
AffiliationCancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe anthracycline uptake and cell surface expression of plasma membrane antigens (HLA class I, c-erbB-2, protectin-CD59, integrin beta 1-chain-CD29, etc.) were compared on a parental anthracycline sensitive and an anthracycline-resistant subline of the human ovarian carcinoma cell line A2780. The anthracycline-resistant (A2780/ADR) subline incubated for 30 min in the presence of daunomycin displayed two subpopulations with different anthracycline cell content as determined by flow cytometry. The subpopulation with lower daunomycin cell content was absent in the parental anthracycline sensitive cell line. The most predominant antigenic changes on the resistant subline as compared with the sensitive one were as follow: Loss of HLA class I and a twofold increase in the expression of CD59 antigen and a slight decrease of integrin beta 1-chain on the cell surface of the resistant subline.
CitationDrug-resistance associated alterations of cell surface antigen expression in a human anthracycline-resistant ovarian carcinoma cell line. 1994, 41 (5):259-62 Neoplasma
- Cell surface phenotype and increased penetration of human multidrug-resistant ovarian carcinoma cells into in vitro collagen-fibroblasts matrix.
- Authors: Sedlák J, Sedláková O, Hlavcák P, Hunáková L, Bízik J, Grófová M, Chorváth B
- Issue date: 1996
- A rapid and sensitive flow cytometric method for the detection of multidrug-resistant cells.
- Authors: Herweijer H, van den Engh G, Nooter K
- Issue date: 1989 Jul
- Vesicular anthracycline accumulation in doxorubicin-selected U-937 cells: participation of lysosomes.
- Authors: Hurwitz SJ, Terashima M, Mizunuma N, Slapak CA
- Issue date: 1997 May 15
- Decrease in drug accumulation and in tumour aggressiveness marker expression in a fenretinide-induced resistant ovarian tumour cell line.
- Authors: Appierto V, Cavadini E, Pergolizzi R, Cleris L, Lotan R, Canevari S, Formelli F
- Issue date: 2001 Jun 1
- Reversal of "atypical"-multidrug resistance by recombinant human tumor necrosis factor in the human ovarian cancer cell line A2780-DX3.
- Authors: Cimoli G, Valenti M, Parodi S, Mazzoni A, De Sessa F, Conte P, Russo P
- Issue date: 1993