AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEight benzoxazin-4-ones related in structure to NSC 341964 (1) have been tested for cytotoxicity in two different cell systems. Two of the benzoxazin-4-ones (3 and 10) showed good cytotoxicity (ID50 = 9.9 and 8.9 microM) in P388 cells. The nitrobenzoxazin-4-one (10) caused a significant alteration in cell cycle distribution when administered to P388 cells and was an inhibitor of porcine pancreatic elastase. Structure-activity relationships are discussed.
CitationStructure-activity studies on 2-aryl-4H-3,1-benzoxazin-4-ones. 1994, 5 (5):533-8 Anticancer Drugs
- Cytotoxic effects of several hopanoids on mouse leukemia L1210 and P388 cells.
- Authors: Chen Z, Washio T, Sato M, Suzuki Y
- Issue date: 1995 Mar
- Inhibition of chymotrypsin and pancreatic elastase by 4H-3,1-benzoxazin-4-ones.
- Authors: Neumann U, Stürzebecher J, Leistner S, Vieweg H
- Issue date: 1991
- In vitro evaluation of the potential antitumor activity of an N-acridyl-pentanoyloxypyridine-2-thione derivative.
- Authors: Nocentini G, Castagnino E, Salvatori A, Corsano S, Fioretti MC
- Issue date: 1995 Oct
- Antineoplastic activity of mitoxantrone and its biological interactions in parental and multidrug resistant subline of P388 murine leukemia cells.
- Authors: Chavan S, Parekh H, Chitnis M
- Issue date: 1992
- Synthesis and evaluation of antitumor activity of novel 2-[Nmethyl-N-(4-methyl-1,3-benzothiazol-2-yl)aminomethyl]-5,8-diacyloxy-1,4-naphthoquinones.
- Authors: Yoo J, Choi HS, Choi CH, Chung Y, Kim BH, Cho H
- Issue date: 2008 Feb