AuthorsSproston, Anthony R
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Radiation Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSince the discovery of radium in 1898, radiotherapy has been used in the treatment of cervical cancer, and it remains the mainstay of treatment today. Chemotherapy is in its infancy and has as yet been unable to improve long-term survival, despite encouraging response.
CitationNon-surgical treatment of cervical carcinoma., 52 (1):30-4 Br J Hosp Med
JournalBritish Journal of Hospital Medicine
- [Radiotherapy-chemotherapy combinations in locally advanced cancers of the cervix].
- Authors: Vincent P, Chauvet B, Serin D, Brewer Y, Berger C, Reboul F
- Issue date: 1996
- High-dose rate brachytherapy using inverse planning simulated annealing for locoregionally advanced cervical cancer: a clinical report with 2-year follow-up.
- Authors: Kim DH, Wang-Chesebro A, Weinberg V, Pouliot J, Chen LM, Speight J, Littell R, Hsu IC
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 1
- Preliminary evaluation of the use of high dose rate brachytherapy in conjunction with external beam radiation and chemotherapy in the definitive management of cervical carcinoma.
- Authors: Boulware RJ, Neglia WJ, Truesdale DW
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- Extended-field radiotherapy and high-dose-rate brachytherapy with concurrent and adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer: a phase I/II study.
- Authors: Chung YL, Jian JJ, Cheng SH, Hsieh CI, Tan TD, Chang HJ, Hung CF, Horng CF, Soong T, Tsou MH
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- [Neoadjuvant chemotherapy before radiotherapy in treatment of patients with cervical carcinoma].
- Authors: Li QS, Zhang XQ, Li DP, Sheng XG, Du XL, Song QQ
- Issue date: 2006 Feb