Structural organisation and chromosomal mapping of the human Id-3 gene.
AffiliationCRC Department of Gene Regulation, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe helix-loop-helix (HLH) family of transcription factors plays a central role in the regulation of cell growth, differentiation and tumourigenesis. Members of the Id (inhibitor of DNA binding) class of these nuclear proteins are able to heterodimerise with and thereby antagonise the functions of other transcription factors of this family. We report here on the genomic organisation of the human Id3 (HLH 1R21/heir1) gene. Comparison with the two other mammalian Id genes, Id1 and Id2, reveals a highly conserved protein coding gene organisation consistent with evolution from a common, ancestral Id-like gene. In addition, by using a yeast artificial chromosome (YAC) clone of Id3, we have fine-scale mapped the gene to chromosome band 1p36.1 by fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) and, using the same FISH technique, we have detected heterogeneity in tumour-associated 1p36 chromosome translocations.
CitationStructural organisation and chromosomal mapping of the human Id-3 gene. 1994, 151 (1-2):309-14 Gene
- Identification in a fish species of two Id (inhibitor of DNA binding/differentiation)-related helix-loop-helix factors expressed in the slow oxidative muscle fibers.
- Authors: Rescan PY
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 1
- Hormonal regulation and differential actions of the helix-loop-helix transcriptional inhibitors of differentiation (Id1, Id2, Id3, and Id4) in Sertoli cells.
- Authors: Chaudhary J, Johnson J, Kim G, Skinner MK
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Activation of helix-loop-helix proteins Id1, Id2 and Id3 during neural differentiation.
- Authors: Nagata Y, Todokoro K
- Issue date: 1994 Mar 30
- The mouse Id2 and Id4 genes: structural organization and chromosomal localization.
- Authors: Mantani A, Hernandez MC, Kuo WL, Israel MA
- Issue date: 1998 Nov 19
- Upregulation of the HLH Id gene family in neural progenitors and glial cells of the rat spinal cord following contusion injury.
- Authors: Tzeng SF, Bresnahan JC, Beattie MS, de Vellis J
- Issue date: 2001 Dec 15