Focal rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation in primary liposarcoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Withington, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA unique case of primary myxoid liposarcoma of the thigh, in which focal pleomorphic areas were present containing rhabdomyoblasts, is described. Focal rhabdomyosarcoma in liposarcoma has only rarely been reported previously and only in dedifferentiated liposarcomas of the retroperitoneum. All but one have been recurrences with rhabdomyoblasts being absent in the primary liposarcoma. As rhabdomyoblasts were only focally present, the present case is regarded as liposarcoma with focal divergent rhabdomyoblastic differentiation rather than malignant mesenchymoma.
CitationFocal rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation in primary liposarcoma. 1996, 49 (9):770-2 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Primary myxoid liposarcoma with rhabdomyoblastic differentiation.
- Authors: Govender D, Pillay P
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- Dedifferentiated liposarcoma with rhabdomyoblastic differentiation.
- Authors: Shimada S, Ishizawa T, Ishizawa K, Kamada K, Hirose T
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Liposarcoma of the extremities: MR imaging features and their correlation with pathologic data.
- Authors: El Ouni F, Jemni H, Trabelsi A, Ben Maitig M, Arifa N, Ben Rhouma K, Ben Ayech M, Tlili K
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Focal divergent chondrosarcomatous differentiation in a primary pleomorphic liposarcoma and expression of transforming growth factor beta.
- Authors: Panoussopoulos D, Theodoropoulos G, Lazaris AC, Papadimitriou K
- Issue date: 2004 Jan
- Primary retroperitoneal myxoid/round cell liposarcoma is a nonexisting disease: an immunohistochemical and molecular biological analysis.
- Authors: de Vreeze RS, de Jong D, Tielen IH, Ruijter HJ, Nederlof PM, Haas RL, van Coevorden F
- Issue date: 2009 Feb