Fatal Candida tropicalis fungaemia in a leukaemic patient receiving fluconazole prophylaxis.
AuthorsBarnes, A J
Wardley, Andrew M
Oppenheim, B A
Morgenstern, Godfrey R
Scarffe, J Howard
Warnock, D W
Johnson, E M
AffiliationPublic Health Laboratory, Withington Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA 50-year-old man with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia developed breakthrough candidaemia while receiving fluconazole as antifungal prophylaxis during remission-inducing chemotherapy. Candida tropicalis was isolated; the strain was resistant to fluconazole on in vitro sensitivity testing, a phenomenon which has not been previously reported in this setting.
CitationFatal Candida tropicalis fungaemia in a leukaemic patient receiving fluconazole prophylaxis. 1996, 33 (1):43-5 J. Infect.
JournalThe Journal of Infection
- Breakthrough Candida krusei fungemia during fluconazole prophylaxis followed by breakthrough zygomycosis during caspofungin therapy in a patient with severe aplastic anemia who underwent stem cell transplantation.
- Authors: Girmenia C, Moleti ML, Micozzi A, Iori AP, Barberi W, Foà R, Martino P
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Nosocomial breakthrough fungaemia during antifungal prophylaxis or empirical antifungal therapy in 41 cancer patients receiving antineoplastic chemotherapy: analysis of aetiology risk factors and outcome.
- Authors: Krcmery V Jr, Oravcova E, Spanik S, Mrazova-Studena M, Trupl J, Kunova A, Stopkova-Grey K, Kukuckova E, Krupova I, Demitrovicova A, Kralovicova K
- Issue date: 1998 Mar
- Candida tropicalis arthritis in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia successfully treated with fluconazole: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Weers-Pothoff G, Havermans JF, Kamphuis J, Sinnige HA, Meis JF
- Issue date: 1997 Mar-Apr
- Fluconazole prophylaxis and Candida fungemia in neutropenic children with malignancies.
- Authors: Cesaro S, Rossetti F, Perilongo G, Rossi L, Zanesco L
- Issue date: 1993 Jul-Aug
- Clinical characteristics of Candida tropicalis fungaemia with reduced triazole susceptibility in Taiwan: a multicentre study.
- Authors: Liu WL, Huang YT, Hsieh MH, Hii IM, Lee YL, Ho MW, Liu CE, Chen YH, Wang FD
- Issue date: 2019 Feb