AffiliationDepartment of Pathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA unique case of a metastatic non-desmoplastic sarcomatoid malignant melanoma in an axillary lymph node showing smooth muscle differentiation in a 54 year old woman is described. The tumour cells exhibited alpha-smooth muscle actin, HHF-35 and desmin positivity but were negative for S100 protein and HMB-45. Ultrastructural examination revealed smooth muscle phenotype and there was no evidence of myofibroblastic differentiation, a feature described previously in desmoplastic melanomas.
CitationMalignant melanoma showing smooth muscle differentiation. 1996, 49 (11):950-1 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Actin-rich desmoplastic malignant melanoma: report of three cases.
- Authors: Riccioni L, Di Tommaso L, Collina G
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Malignant melanoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: clinical, histological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of three cases.
- Authors: Eyden B, Pandit D, Banerjee SS
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Desmoplastic malignant melanoma of the gingiva: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Ueta E, Miki T, Osaki T, Iwata J, Sonobe H
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- Metastatic desmoplastic malignant melanoma associated with low-grade myofibroblastic sarcoma.
- Authors: Kacerovska D, Michal M, Kutzner H, Rychnovsky J, Kazakov DV
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- [Oral amelanotic melanoma--report of a case with desmoplastic changes at the site of lymph node metastasis].
- Authors: Saku T, Takahashi H, Okabe H, Tsuda N, Okumura H, Sasaki M
- Issue date: 1983 May