AffiliationDepartment of Pathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA unique case of a metastatic non-desmoplastic sarcomatoid malignant melanoma in an axillary lymph node showing smooth muscle differentiation in a 54 year old woman is described. The tumour cells exhibited alpha-smooth muscle actin, HHF-35 and desmin positivity but were negative for S100 protein and HMB-45. Ultrastructural examination revealed smooth muscle phenotype and there was no evidence of myofibroblastic differentiation, a feature described previously in desmoplastic melanomas.
CitationMalignant melanoma showing smooth muscle differentiation. 1996, 49 (11):950-1 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- [Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of urinary system: a clinicopathologic analysis of 21 cases].
- Authors: Wang GW, Wang Y, Chen YX, Li Q, Shen DH
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Actin-rich desmoplastic malignant melanoma: report of three cases.
- Authors: Riccioni L, Di Tommaso L, Collina G
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Malignant melanoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: clinical, histological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of three cases.
- Authors: Eyden B, Pandit D, Banerjee SS
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Desmoplastic malignant melanoma of the gingiva: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Ueta E, Miki T, Osaki T, Iwata J, Sonobe H
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- Rhabdomyosarcomatous (myoblastic?) phenotype of metastatic malignant melanoma. A case report.
- Authors: Pasz-Walczak G, Jesionek-Kupnicka D, Kubiak R, Biernat W, Sygut J, Kordek R
- Issue date: 2002