Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour with vascular differentiation: a report of four cases.
AuthorsMorphopoulos, G D
Banerjee, Saumitra S
Ali, H H
Vasudev, K S
Eyden, Brian P
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFour cases of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour showing vascular differentiation are described. One case was associated with neurofibromatosis 1 and contained angiosarcomatous, cartilaginous and rhabdomyoblastic elements. The other cases occurred in patients without neurofibromatosis and showed a spectrum of vascular lesions ranging from lobulated, haemangioma-like structures to angiosarcoma. These are the first recorded examples of this phenomenon not associated with neurofibromatosis. Immunohistochemical examination demonstrated the endothelial nature of the lesions in all cases and revealed cells positive for alpha-smooth muscle actin, probably pericytes, closely apposed to the endothelium.
CitationMalignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour with vascular differentiation: a report of four cases. 1996, 28 (5):401-10 Histopathology
- Intraneural angiosarcoma and angiosarcoma arising in benign and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumours: clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of four cases.
- Authors: Mentzel T, Katenkamp D
- Issue date: 1999 Aug
- Malignant peripheral nerve tumors: a clinicopathological and electron microscopic study.
- Authors: Arpornchayanon O, Hirota T, Itabashi M, Nakajima T, Fukuma H, Beppu Y, Nishikawa K
- Issue date: 1984 Mar
- [Tumor of the peripheral nerve sheath with rhabdomyoblastic differentiation arising in a ganglioneuroma: neurilemmoma? A fortuitously detected case].
- Authors: Grippari JL, Neveux Y, Arborio M, Jancovici R, Cosnard G, de Saint Maur PP, Schill H
- Issue date: 1996
- Schwannoma with angiosarcoma. Report of a case and comparison with other types of nerve tumors with angiosarcoma.
- Authors: Rückert RI, Fleige B, Rogalla P, Woodruff JM
- Issue date: 2000 Oct 1
- Intracranial angiosarcoma arising from a schwannoma.
- Authors: Ito T, Tsutsumi T, Ohno K, Takizawa T, Kitamura K
- Issue date: 2007 Jan