AuthorsHarnden, David G
AffiliationPaterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe author describes his introduction to the field of cytogenetics, with his first viewing of himself, cytogenetically, down the microscope, and the progression of human cytogenetics as an area of study up to its modern integration with molecular genetics and computer technology.
CitationEarly studies on human chromosomes. 1996, 18 (2):162-8 Bioessays
- Historical prospective of human cytogenetics: from microscope to microarray.
- Authors: Smeets DF
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- 50 years after--examination of some circumstances around the establishment of the correct chromosome number of man.
- Authors: Arnason U
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- [Progress in the field of hematology in the last 100 years: Cytogenetics].
- Authors: Abe T
- Issue date: 2002 Jul 10
- An opportune life: 50 years in human cytogenetics.
- Authors: Jacobs PA
- Issue date: 2014
- [The development of human cytogenetics in the USSR].
- Authors: Prokof'eva-Bel'govska
- Issue date: 1966 Mar-Apr