Transcriptional regulation of the c-fms proto-oncogene mediated by granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in murine cell lines.
AffiliationInstitut für Virologie, Justus-Liebig Universität Giessen, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDifferentiation of blood cells is paralleled by a timely ordered expression of cytokine receptor genes. We show here that the expression of the c-fms gene which encodes the lineage-specific receptor for macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF or CSF-1) is directly linked to ligand-mediated activation of the receptor for the granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF). In interleukin-3 (IL-3) dependent multipotent progenitor cells, FDC-Pmix GMV#2 cells, GM-CSF treatment results in the rapid formation of full-length c-fms transcripts. Surprisingly, this upregulation of c-fms transcripts is also observed in mouse NIH3T3 fibroblasts stably transfected with genes coding for the alpha- and beta-subunits of the GM-CSF receptor. These results indicate a direct control by the GM-CSF receptor that takes place regardless of cell differentiation. Furthermore, a 2.1 kb genomic fragment containing the c-fms proximal promoter directs GM-CSF-inducible expression of a reporter gene, suggesting a regulation of c-fms gene expression on the transcriptional level.
CitationTranscriptional regulation of the c-fms proto-oncogene mediated by granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in murine cell lines. 1996, 12 (4):931-5 Oncogene
- Induced expression of c-fms in normal hematopoietic cells shows evidence for both conservation and lineage restriction of signal transduction in response to macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
- Authors: McArthur GA, Rohrschneider LR, Johnson GR
- Issue date: 1994 Feb 15
- In vivo effect of interleukin-1 alpha on hematopoiesis: role of colony-stimulating factor receptor modulation.
- Authors: Hestdal K, Jacobsen SE, Ruscetti FW, Dubois CM, Longo DL, Chizzonite R, Oppenheim JJ, Keller JR
- Issue date: 1992 Nov 15
- In vitro induction of inhibitory macrophage differentiation by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, stem cell factor and interferon-gamma from lineage phenotypes-negative c-kit-positive murine hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Authors: Ferret-Bernard S, Saï P, Bach JM
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 15
- Interleukin-3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor inhibits tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha-induced osteoclast differentiation by down-regulation of expression of TNF receptors 1 and 2.
- Authors: Yogesha SD, Khapli SM, Wani MR
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 25
- Correlation between CSF-1 responsiveness and expression of (CSF-1 receptor) c-fms in purified murine granulocyte-macrophage progenitor cells (CFU-GM).
- Authors: Bicknell DC, Williams DE, Broxmeyer HE
- Issue date: 1988 Jan