A novel deletion within exon 6 of TP53 in a family with Li-Fraumeni-like syndrome, and LOH in a benign lesion from a mutation carrier.
Thorncroft, Mary R
Tricker, Karen J
Birch, Jillian M
Evans, D Gareth R
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report here a family with some of the characteristics of Li-Fraumeni syndrome (Li-Fraumeni-like) in which there is a 2 base pair deletion within exon 6 of TP53 in two affected individuals. Of particular interest in this family is a study of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) of the TP53 gene, and the finding that there is LOH in all cancers available for study from mutation carriers, and additionally from a benign endometrial polyp from one of those patients. Two other family members, one with a rectal carcinoma aged 55, the other with two separate benign lesions under the age of 45, were both wild-type for the TP53 mutation.
CitationA novel deletion within exon 6 of TP53 in a family with Li-Fraumeni-like syndrome, and LOH in a benign lesion from a mutation carrier. 1996, 90 (1):14-6 Cancer Genet. Cytogenet.
JournalCancer Genetics and Cytogenetics
- A Li-Fraumeni syndrome family with retained heterozygosity for a germline TP53 mutation in two tumors.
- Authors: Trkova M, Foretova L, Kodet R, Hedvicakova P, Sedlacek Z
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- A germline 2.35 kb deletion of p53 genomic DNA creating a specific loss of the oligomerization domain inherited in a Li-Fraumeni syndrome family.
- Authors: Plummer SJ, Santibáñez-Koref M, Kurosaki T, Liao S, Noble B, Fain PR, Anton-Culver H, Casey G
- Issue date: 1994 Nov
- A detailed study of loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 17 in tumours from Li-Fraumeni patients carrying a mutation to the TP53 gene.
- Authors: Varley JM, Thorncroft M, McGown G, Appleby J, Kelsey AM, Tricker KJ, Evans DG, Birch JM
- Issue date: 1997 Feb 20
- Hereditary TP53 codon 292 and somatic P16INK4A codon 94 mutations in a Li-Fraumeni syndrome family.
- Authors: Güran S, Tunca Y, Imirzalioğlu N
- Issue date: 1999 Sep
- Heterogeneity in Li-Fraumeni families: p53 mutation analysis and immunohistochemical staining.
- Authors: MacGeoch C, Turner G, Bobrow LG, Barnes DM, Bishop DT, Spurr NK
- Issue date: 1995 Mar