Allelic imbalance in the region of the BRCA1 gene in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThirty-four cases of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast, with or without associated benign or invasive disease, were analysed for allelic imbalance (AI) in the region of the BRCA1 gene. AI on 17q12-23 in DCIS was demonstrated in 74% of cases, and in the majority of cases the region of AI included the BRCA1 gene. However, two cases showed AI distal to BRCA1, supporting the presence of a second tumour-suppressor gene on 17q.
CitationAllelic imbalance in the region of the BRCA1 gene in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. 1996, 73 (5):636-9 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Mutation of the TP53 gene and allelic imbalance at chromosome 17p13 in ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Authors: Munn KE, Walker RA, Menasce L, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- Amplification units and translocation at chromosome 17q and c-erbB-2 overexpression in the pathogenesis of breast cancer.
- Authors: Coene ED, Schelfhout V, Winkler RA, Schelfhout AM, Van Roy N, Grooteclaes M, Speleman F, De Potter CR
- Issue date: 1997 May
- Four regions of allelic imbalance on 17q12-qter associated with high-grade breast tumors.
- Authors: Plummer SJ, Paris MJ, Myles J, Tubbs R, Crowe J, Casey G
- Issue date: 1997 Dec
- Allelic imbalance and microsatellite instability in BRCA1 associated breast and ovarian tumors.
- Authors: van der Looij M, Papp J, Sztán M, Pulay T, Elfadil I, Besznyak I, Tóth J, Devilee P, Oláh E
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Frequent alterations of chromosome 1 in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.
- Authors: Munn KE, Walker RA, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1995 Apr 20