Mapping of 22 new ESTs around a tumor suppressor gene and a senescence gene at 6q16-->q21.
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, University of Ferrara, Italy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwenty two expressed sequence tags (ESTs) have been mapped at the border of 6q16-->q21 and at the proximal end of 6q21, a candidate for two tumor suppressor genes and a senescence gene. Use of a translocation and deletion hybrid panel together with a 4-Mb YAC contig allowed us to precisely define the position of the ESTs. Thirteen ESTs were placed within the 4-Mb interval at the proximal portion of 6q21 using a restriction map of the YAC contig, seven ESTs span a 2-Mb region on the 6q16-->q21 border, and two are distal to the contig. Refinement of the localization of these ESTs will provide substantial assistance in identifying new genes within the region 6q16-->q21.
CitationMapping of 22 new ESTs around a tumor suppressor gene and a senescence gene at 6q16-->q21. 1997, 79 (1-2):97-100 Cytogenet. Cell Genet.
JournalCytogenetics and Cell Genetics
- Transcriptional map of chromosome region 6q16-->q21.
- Authors: Karayianni E, Magnanini C, Orphanos V, Negrini M, Maniatis GM, Spathas DH, Barbanti-Brodano G, Morelli C
- Issue date: 1999
- Physical and transcriptional map of the mouse Chromosome 10 proximal region syntenic to human 6q16-q21.
- Authors: Chalhoub N, Benachenhou N, Vacher J
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Delineation of a minimal region of deletion at 6q16.3 in follicular lymphoma and construction of a bacterial artificial chromosome contig spanning a 6-megabase region of 6q16-q21.
- Authors: Henderson LJ, Okamoto I, Lestou VS, Ludkovski O, Robichaud M, Chhanabhai M, Gascoyne RD, Klasa RJ, Connors JM, Marra MA, Horsman DE, Lam WL
- Issue date: 2004 May
- Characterization of a 4-Mb region at chromosome 6q21 harboring a replicative senescence gene.
- Authors: Morelli C, Sherratt T, Trabanelli C, Rimessi P, Gualandi F, Greaves MJ, Negrini M, Boyle JM, Barbanti-Brodano G
- Issue date: 1997 Oct 1
- Assignment of 48 ESTs to chromosome 13 band q14.3 and expression pattern for ESTs located in the core region deleted in B-CLL.
- Authors: Bézieau S, Devilder MC, Rondeau G, Cadoret E, Moisan JP, Moreau I
- Issue date: 1998 Sep 15