Generation of a contig comprising YACs and BACs within chromosome region 1p13.1.
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChromosome region 1p13 is known to show loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in a number of human tumor types, including breast. We have generated a contig comprising YACs and BACs spanning part of 1p13.1 which includes the smallest region of overlapping loss identified in our earlier studies. The contig is anchored to the genetic map by a number of microsatellite markers, and by the use of CEPH YACs. We have excluded a number of candidate genes from this region, and we have oriented the contig with respect to the centromere and a number of other genes and markers on 1p13. This resource will be valuable in mapping the target for LOH in breast and other tumors, and may also be useful for the genetic analysis of other genes or diseases known to map to this region.
CitationGeneration of a contig comprising YACs and BACs within chromosome region 1p13.1. 1997, 23 (2):153-7 Somat. Cell Mol. Genet.
JournalSomatic Cell and Molecular Genetics
- Identification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer.
- Authors: Hoggard N, Hey Y, Brintnell B, James L, Jones D, Mitchell E, Weissenbach J, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1995 Nov 20
- Integrated physical, genetic, and genic map covering 3 Mb around the human NGF gene (NGFB) at 1p13.
- Authors: Carrier A, Rosier MF, Guillemot F, Goguel AF, Pulcini F, Bernheim A, Auffray C, Devignes MD
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 1
- Sequence-ready contig for the 1.4-cM ductal carcinoma in situ loss of heterozygosity region on chromosome 8p22-p23.
- Authors: Wang JC, Radford DM, Holt MS, Helms C, Goate A, Brandt W, Parik M, Phillips NJ, DeSchryver K, Schuh ME, Fair KL, Ritter JH, Marshall P, Donis-Keller H
- Issue date: 1999 Aug 15
- A 6-Mb yeast artificial chromosome contig and long-range physical map encompassing the region on chromosome 12q15 frequently rearranged in a variety of benign solid tumors.
- Authors: Schoenmakers EF, Geurts JM, Kools PF, Mols R, Huysmans C, Bullerdiek J, Van den Berghe H, Van de Ven WJ
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 10
- A high-resolution PAC and BAC map of the SCA2 region.
- Authors: Nechiporuk T, Nechiporuk A, Sahba S, Figueroa K, Shibata H, Chen XN, Korenberg JR, de Jong P, Pulst SM
- Issue date: 1997 Sep 15