AffiliationTurner Dental School, University Dental Hospital of Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComputed radiographic (CR) systems are available which allow dentists to obtain direct digital intra-oral images. These CR images, however, can be readily altered using image processing software. This paper demonstrates the potential medico-legal problems of image manipulation and calls for manufacturers of CR equipment to be pressed to explore methods of preventing such abuse.
CitationThe potential medico-legal implications of computed radiography. 1996, 180 (7):271-3 Br Dent J
JournalBritish Dental Journal
- [Fraudulent use of digital radiographs: secret reality or fiction?].
- Authors: Calberson F, Hommez G, De Moor R
- Issue date: 2005
- Analysis of image quality parameter of conventional and dental radiographic digital images.
- Authors: Mayo P, Ródenas F, Verdu G, Campayo JM, Gallardo S
- Issue date: 2010
- Fraudulent retouching of digital radiographic images--a potential risk.
- Authors: Chang HJ, Oh SN, Park MY, Rha SE, Choi BG
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Digital radiography in the dental practice: an update.
- Authors: Makdissi J, Pawar R
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- [Film-less digital x-ray image processing--new prospects with the RadioVisioGraphy equipment].
- Authors: Mairgünther RH
- Issue date: 1994