A holiday break for adolescents provided by the Malcolm Sargent cancer fund for children.
AffiliationYoung Oncology Unit, Christie Hospital NHS Trust.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe paper describes a holiday for a group of adolescents with cancer (from the Young Oncology Unit at the Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK) at Malcolm Sargent House, Prestwick, Scotland. The aim was to provide an opportunity for young people with cancer to build and to develop therapeutic relationships away from the pressures of hospital, home and treatment. The nature and range of care given by the nurses and social worker who accompanied them is described and includes accounts of individual progress which are demonstrated by brief case studies.
CitationA holiday break for adolescents provided by the Malcolm Sargent cancer fund for children. 1997, 6 (2):154-5 Eur J Cancer Care
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer Care
- 'Pizza, patients and points of view': Involving young people in the design of a post registration module entitled the adolescent with cancer.
- Authors: Fallon S, Smith J, Morgan S, Stoner M, Austin C
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Introducing art therapy into the Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK, 2001-2002.
- Authors: Heywood K
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- An analysis of the concept of hope in the adolescent with cancer.
- Authors: Hendricks-Ferguson VL
- Issue date: 1997 Apr
- Managing cancer: the role of holiday taking.
- Authors: Hunter-Jones P
- Issue date: 2003 May-Jun
- Lifelong Impression: Remembering One of Our Own During the Holiday Season .
- Authors: Ho-Law MF
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 1